Nicole said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I honestly love meat but I want to try out the whole vegan thing, it just seems like it’ll make you stronger mentally because meat is everywhere how do you avoid it? I honestly want to try it but I need a kick start with someone who’s willing to show me the way. Why did you become a vegan? Did any of you ever try any sort of meat and like it?

The Giggle Blizzard said 10 years, 5 months ago:

It probably won’t make you stronger, instead unless you make sure you do it properly you may find yourself physically weaker because of it. Just keep that in mind.

That aside though, becoming a vegetarian or a vegan is all good in my book and I approve – by doing it you will not only take an ethical and moral stance on the hell that is the meat production industry but you are also making yourself an example of the fact that in our modern society we have the knowledge and capability to choose a perfectly healthy alternative way of living life that does not require the killing of other living beings.

I’m not a vegetarian nor a vegan myself but I would like to consider it when I get my own place and have to cook my own food.

Nicole said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I agree with you 100%, I meant mentally stronger because you can chose to say no to what’s given/forced to you. It’s harder when you live with your parents to try new things because they might opt it out.

Lucy said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hi! I have been a flexitarian/ vegetarian for 1 year and a half. I started at the beginning of my sophomore year leaving meat products out of my daily intake and sticking to fish products as the only source of animal protein in my diet. I gradually stopped consuming any kind of animal protein and so far I am really happy with my diet. The advice I would like to give you is to make the right choices and by that I mean choosing the right protein substitutions. Being a vegetarian takes much more effort since you have to pay attention to every food group you eat and its nutritional value. Make sure you have no nutritional deficits as this will lead to health problems, others than that, make gradual changes as you won’t be able to adapt to such a drastic lifestyle change otherwise! :)

aesthetice said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I hear you. I really love eating chicken and eggs and that was why it was so difficult for me to start my vegan lifestyle. I tried a couple of times but always somehow bounced back after a few days.

Then I realized that I was just always making excuses for MYSELF. I realized that I love animals more than I love meat- that my pleasure was not worth the suffering of thousands of animals.

I fully accept our nature as omnivores and believe that we should eat meat (although it is our nature to only eat small animals..), but not with torturing them or giving them the respect they deserve. I also follow PETA2 on facebook so I often get pictures or videos that remind me why I’m doing this.

It’s hard, but it’s better than living a life of ignorance.