Marisa said 5 years, 3 months ago:

I’m wondering if any vegetarians/vegans live with family who eat meat and don’t support your diet at all. I’ve been trying to be vegetarian and slowly transition to vegan for a long time now. I always go two-five weeks without eating meat, but my family CONSTANTLY eats meat so I end up failing and have to start all over. I know that I’m healthier without meat, and that I’m healthier than the rest of my family, but they’re constantly trying to get me to eat meat when I don’t want to. I also can’t get a job to save my life, so I can’t buy my own food. I cook for my family most nights, which means preparing a vegetarian version for me and dealing with disgusting raw meat for them. But I’d rather do that than let any of my family members cook because they’ll make things that I can’t take the meat out of (ex. spaghetti with meat sauce, or vegetable soup with ground beef).
Does anyone else have to deal with family like this? If so, how?

Deleted User said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I’m planning on working as hard as I can and moving away.

If you don’t have any other choice, it’s either eat it or not. But, well, you have to eat. Endure it?

You can have a hierarchy and eat the one that gets the least abuse first or the healthiest possible. It depends on where you are and where you get it.