Maryaha said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I decided to join this group but I also want to know you guys.

My name’s Maria and I’m almost 18 years old. I’ve been struggling with a chronic depression for the past 10 years and with self-harming for 4 months.

I’ll start taking pills next week.

So now I already pretty much said something secret about me. How about you?

You can trust me.

erynn said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I guess my unwanted is in a different way. I struggled with depression all through my teenage years. My father was..full of anger and he beat my mother for ten years. He only hit me once. And it was because i tried to stop him from hitting my mother so hard I was afraid she would break. My father always wanted a boy, and he got me instead until my brother was born. He doesn’t remember my birthday sometimes. But that doesn’t really matter. They’re divorced now.

I felt life had no point when I was younger. I just wasted away. I self harmed. It was the worst mistake of my life. Now that i’m older, i’ve come to somewhat like myself. The strange thing is, now that I’ve become someone worth knowing or loving, I have no friends, no one to talk to when i have something to share or vent about or just have some fun with. i never get to see any family. very rarely will a guy look my way. maybe it’s just where i live. i’m scared to go out and meet people. i’m afraid they will reject me. It makes me feel…unwanted. I’ve tried to be a normal person and fit in. It has never worked. I was always friends with the misfits, the junkies, the outcasts in high school. They didn’t care what i looked like or who i knew. They just cared that i was an individual. That i was honest and real. Not afraid to stand out. In the real world, people judge you before they even know you. But to let depression make you feel unwanted and take over your life, you are worth more than that. Every single one of us is worth more than that. We deserve better.

TurtleGirl20 said 9 years ago:

Not having a lot of friends and never having a bf has made me feel like I am never wanted by anyone. No one has ever liked me for me. If I ever get someone who likes me for me, my mind gets the better of me, and I end the relationship. I feel like I am not the best person in the world, or even the prettiest and it really affects me.

Deleted User said 8 years, 10 months ago:

I feel unwanted because im a weirdo, feel rejected, and well, im pround to be myself but i have different ideas than other people.

And yes Maryaha i have depression too, and i used to do self harm too, but only a couple of times, but sometimes i feel like doing it again.

Nameless said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I feel unwanted because I can’t talk to anyone, so I don’t have anyone to talk to. I actually do not know how to hold a conversation, just trying makes me feel anxious, and as a result I have 1 friend who I barely talk to anymore, and a boyfriend who I’m so dependent on now (since he’s all I have) that I’ve become paranoid about all the things he could possibly start to hate about me. I stick out in my family because they’re all smart with people, good debaters, and good with things outside school, I’m good at school and nothing else, and not even great at that (I have C’s in my core classes) so I’m essentially worthless. The compulsion to self harm gets stronger by the day.

iamunknown said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I feel unwant everyday of my life, i never had a childhood with my father being in the E.R. all the time and i lost most my grandparents before the age of 10. My mom worked all day and i never would see her and my dad was always sickly. I am heavy for my age and i always was , kids and school and outside made fun of me, after that i never leave my house. later on my family started to make fun of me and say things about me. Some of them said they hated me and they wish never born right to my face. Now to this day i dont leave my room of the fear of that i will be made fun of or called names. I have tried to kill myself alot of times to try to escape this trap. The hole that gets deeper and deeper everyday. in the past year i started to use drugs more and more. i used everything from weed to molly to painkillers to calm me down, but they dont help.

Staceylou said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I’m usually feeling depressed and/or anxious, I can barely make myself happy, I don’t want to be myself, who else would want me? I worry own friends and boyfriend want rid of me secretly. I’m such a downer.

PaperBag said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve struggled with acne for years, I got it genetically from my grandfather on my mother’s side. Just recently it’s hit it’s all-time high, and despite many dermatologist appointments, there’s really no help for it. I’ve tried everything. People don’t talk to me, I’m very shy and insecure. Boys hardly even look at me, and truth be told, I’d rather they didn’t. I feel that they’d only be disgusted. My own friends and family talk about how bad it is when they think I can’t hear.

Also my dad’s moving out. He says it’s because we don’t keep the house the way we should and that he can’t stand it anymore. Which is ridiculous, seeing as the worst mess we typically have is a sink barely half-full with dishes. I think the real reason is that he can’t stand US anymore. It’s honestly not the first time he’s made me feel like I’m not good enough.

That’s why my first and only boyfriend left me a year ago. He said he just couldn’t stand to be with me anymore, that I was boring. It had been a four month relationship after he’d spent 5 months trying to be my boyfriend. So I can only wonder how terrible I am.

That’s why I feel unwanted.

Deleted User said 8 years, 7 months ago:

i think the first thing you “unwanted” people need to do, is decide why your mind tells you feel unwanted.
Ive read many responses where a person assumes an observers perspective about themselves, and that can be incorrect.
You’re all feeling unwanted coz you guys have low self esteem about your appearance in 99% of cases, or just feel inferior coz of your childhood.
Both these can be fixed, with self awareness and the motivation to feel wanted, atleast to yourself – in the sense you love yourself for who you are and what you have achieved to become the new you, not the old depressed unwanted version.
If you have the motivation to change, you can achieve anything you imagine!!
This was my first post in BT

//blahtherapy.com/user-groups/i-am/forum/topic/i-am-kevin/

A good post on motivation!!

//blahtherapy.com/user-groups/highly-motivated-people/forum/topic/motivation-101/

coyote lebrun said 8 years, 7 months ago:

i feel unwanted because I’ve had too many people in my life just disappear. people i thought were friends, people i thought who cared. Most of my family who never says a word to me. My father disappeared when i was 6. Ive never had people stick around long, until recently. but its too late, this mind set has already been molded and shaped. i always feel like a burden, i always feel like I’m too much. it makes me become too much. it makes things worse. its a downward spiral.

MidnightWatchguard said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I Feel unwanted because, I always seem to do something wrong and this makes my father annoyed and because i other thing everything this then makes it so that i think he hates me and doesn’t want me anymore (I’m adopted).
Also at school, I always feel left out, so why i try to hang out with my better friends (The boys) i get called a slut near enough or get accused of dating one of them or at least ‘coming on to them’. I also recently got rejected by the boy I love, and yes i mean love i can’t stop thinking about him, and whats worse with that is that i got taken the mickey out of when i asked him out.

Also last year, i got diagnosed with a disorder, and one of the side effects which i have was Depression. I however have managed not to cut for a very long time, but lately it has been getting harder and harder.

I think one of the reasons why i feel so unwanted, is not just because of my adoption, but because I have different tastes in music and different tastes in likes so i don’t like fashion i am a geek pretty much, but also because i have never been popular even my so called friends have “friends” in high places.

selenatlantis said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I feel unwanted because the moment i try to create a friendship or simply help someone out, they seem to turn on me and I regret it. I’m tired of wanting to be needed (is that so bad?) and wanting someone I can be open with. I think differently than most (infj personality type) … so it’s very difficult to find people who think outside the box of everyday mundane drama.

It’s a Secret to Everybody said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I feel unwanted because I’m never noticed, I’m always second-best to everybody, I’m never good enough for anyone, I’m always the one who somehow gets left out of everything… Is it really so bad to want someone to actually want me around? To make the effort to talk to me? To actually care? Is that really so much to ask?

Tied Together With a Smile said 8 years, 3 months ago:

i feel unwanted because a lot of people treat me like i am. at home everythings fine, but like when i went to school and stuff like nobody really liked me. i dont even have any friends now and i dont even know why. i have always been the third wheel, the one who gets ditched, the one who is forgotten, and it really sucks. i try really hard not brush it off and just ignore it but its hard not to cuz i get called a slut and a whore a lot, i get called anorexic and bulemic a lot, i get called gay or lezbo a lot, things like that and people are just like “shrug it off” but its always happening. i cant just forget about it. its always there. nobody really cares except my parents and thats how its always been but i wish like someone else could genuinely care about me, and not just when there bored or whatever, but just to think of me and call me up or something or message me first. no one ever makes an effort for me, im akways making the effort and i hate it.

safe&sound said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I have struggled with feeling unwanted for many years. It seems like I always give my all to people & love them unconditionally & then they walk all over me. I never seem to be imortant enough for them. Sometimes I feel so unwanted, unappreciated & taken for granted