starfish said 5 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve been trying to step up my work ethic lately but I get distracted, side-tracked and delayed really easily. Procrastination and an unwillingness to do work has caused some of my marks to plummet last year. I don’t want this year to be anything like that so I’ve started a list of things that I will do to avoid procrastination:

- clean working space (no clutter, everything is organized and tidy)
- a to do list/ a checklist (motivation to complete tasks)
- a planner/ agenda (keep track of events, due dates, times etc.)
- more binders (organize stray papers and documents for easier access)
- limit internet time (the internet is by far the most distracting thing, it will suck away hours that you’ll never get back)
- finding a quiet, studying environment (no auditory distractions ie. tv, conversations going on between other people, noise in general)
- maintaining steady work intervals (recommended work intervals is 45 minutes of studying/homework and a 10 minute break in between each one)

If you have any others, please comment. I think many of us would benefit from your insights, opinions and advice. Thank you!

silentshuttle ☯ said 5 years, 5 months ago:

That is a great list, I will start using some of the items on the list and apply them to my own life, Thankyou!

Cuputus said 5 years, 2 months ago:

If internet/ apps/ phone is a distraction, try the Stay Focused app (Google Play). I blocked Chrome on my phone on week days nights. Unfortunately, I’m on my computer procrastinating right now… :P