starfish said 5 years, 3 months ago:

If your future child came out to you as gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/asexual/pansexual/demisexual? How would you handle the situation? What would you tell them? What would you feel?

Agnes, My Dear. said 5 years, 3 months ago:

I would feel perfectly fine, and I would certainly feel good about him/her trusting in me enough to tell me things like that.

I myself am a homosexuality defender, even though I’m heterosexual. I talked to my parents about it and preached acceptance among my family, so I believe a homosexual child would be accepted by me and the rest of my family.

Deleted User said 5 years, 3 months ago:

Nothing would change. Haha, now talking about crushes would be completely different, but that’s fine (:

If they’re going through a difficult time, I’d reassure them. There are thousands of people that went through the same identity acceptance crisis and now they’ve fully accepted themselves. And proud of who they are.

These are sexual preferences they were born with that feel natural to them. Heterosexuals simply like the opposite gender, nothing more about it. Same with everybody else who has a different preference, nothing more about it. I wish people would accept that who everybody else loves is not a choice.

Hearmenow said 5 years, 3 months ago:

I would tell them how proud I am that I raised them to believe that they could tell me anything, and for accepting who they are and brave enough to show it to the world.

And let them know that I love them, and that will never change no matter what they do, or who they are, or who they love.

There is nothing “wrong” or “abnormal” about it, it’s who they are, it’s something you are born with, not a choice you make in the heat of the moment or wanna try out for “fun”. Some know when they’re young, some take longer time to figure things out, accept who they are, some spend their entire life in denial.

I think the absolute worst that could happen, is that my child wouldn’t be able to tell me, out of fear of being rejected and that it somehow would change the way I saw them. That’s when you’ve failed as a parent, when your own flesh and blood is terrified of being who they are, that you won’t be able to accept them.

I’m all for people being able to love who they want. The only thing wrong with being LGBTQ etc, is the ignorant people who spend their time suppressing, hating…. It’s not the gays who need to change, it’s the way the rest of the world see them.

In fact, I recall reading something about the ancient romans having male lovers. It’s not a new thing, the only thing that’s changed is that people have started to become more open about it.

Swifting said 5 years, 3 months ago:

I wouldn’t be surprised. My husband and I are both bisexual.

I might be more surprised that they felt the need to come out not just be with who felt right. And, depending on how old they were – why they waited so long to tell me about their life.