alex8397 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hello! My name is Lydia and I started this group because this topic is dear to my heart. Let me tell you my story. I was adopted from Russia at the age of 1 1/2 years old. I know that I have a biological mother, and two biological brothers. No information was given about my biological father. I believe the reason my mother gave me up for adoption was because she was poor. She lived in the EXTREMELY small town of Omsk – pretty much in the middle of nowhere.I miss her everyday. I worry for her health, especially because she was a good 10 years older than my adopted parents now. So she would be about 65. So – I have no contact with them, only my mothers name. I wish dearly to go to Russia and meet her – even though I don’t know how possible that really is. I made this group so that we can help each other and share our stories and get advice. I know that it is a hard thing to live with for most – and I will help as much as I can! Thank you for reading!

♡ SPiCa ♡ said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Sometimes I forget how lucky some people are. We take so much for granted. The ones we care for the most are the ones we usually turn away from. That is not always the case because there are many tight bonds shared by parents and their children. I guess what I’m trying to say is that we realize how much we love someone when they can no longer be with us. I may not be adopted but I wanted to share a story of my dear best friend who is also trying to seek her mother. I know how much she struggles and how much she longs for her mom. I cannot help but be a bystander to her. I see what she’s going through yet I can’t comfort her. She takes each day one at a time and though she has gotten better it still pains her. As a friend it does hurt at times but I don’t want her to lose hope in finding her. I know one day you will find her Lydia! Don’t ever loose hope!~

alex8397 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Even though I am adopted – I choose to think of it as a true blessing. I am a part of another women’s live – and she is a huge part of mine. I love her dearly and I will always feel a special bond with her – even if I don’t know what she sounds or looks like. Sadly – you are true. We usually don’t see how much we truly care about someone until we cannot be with them. I pray for the best with your friend, and if you feel like it would help – I can give you my email so she can talk to me or she can come onto blah. I would love to learn more about her and try to help in anyway I can!

♡ SPiCa ♡ said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I’m sure you would understand her. Her story reminds me a lot about yours. I wanted to ask though how can I help her? I’m sure you would know the answer. As I am like an outsider. I want to be that friend that someone can lean on. Do you have someone like that in your life? I have her but yet I can’t understand what she is going through.