Avery✿ said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Any tips for surviving the first day/week of high school?

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

It may sound overdone/corny but, be yourself. c: It’s really the only way to make real friends. Also get involved with everything you can (That interest you of course). Study VERY hard and have fun! c:

itskelsie said 9 years, 10 months ago:

It’s honestly not as bad as you think. I’m going into my third year of high school and I still remember my first day of my freshman year. Just try not to walk too slow, make sure you don’t get into people’s way (I know it’s hard being your first day and everything but people always complain about those things.) Be open in class so you can make new friends and do what KimmiB said, just be yourself and everything should be fine! :)

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Armin Parker said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Ah, high school…. It’s gonna be rough, I can’t lie to you about that, but you can make it through! Read over your schedule carefully, try and learn the names of your teachers, and if you’re unfamiliar with the layout of your school talk to a teacher or someone in the office and see if they can explain where the rooms are. I attended four different high schools with very different layouts and sometimes it can get confusing, especially if you’re going to a bigger school. Like itskelseie and KimmyB said though, be yourself, be friendly, and don’t walk too slow in the halls. They can get crowded and most people want to get to their classrooms on time (though usually during the first few days teachers are chill about you getting to class a little late since you’re new and still learning your way around.)

You’ll be fine! Good luck!

NhlstcMstc said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Don’t take anything too personally! People are going to judge you irregardless and some may choose to be vocal about it. Just ignore them and remind yourself that what they said is merely their opinion, not necessarily the reality of who you are. Conversely, try not to be so judgmental of others for you never know who might turn out to be a true friend or the next person to teach you a valuable life lesson.

karaleigh said 9 years, 10 months ago:

it may seem obvious, but DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Every assignment adds up in the end, and can mean the difference between a B and an A-, which affects your GPA.

Samantha said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Stay positive! Having a positive mind and keeping a smile on your face, even during the hardest times, will make a huge difference and go a very long way. Don’t let bullies get you down, and don’t let the new environment overwhelm you. Pace yourself, and all should go great. Good luck; sending all of the best vibes your way. (: <3

Ethan said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Be prepared and try to find a friend in the same class. Also know your way around the school. It makes it much less stressful

Ursula said 9 years, 9 months ago:

This may not work for everyone, but what I did was joined a fall sport. Most fall sports meet before school begins, so you’ll have a chance to get to know some people with similar interests as you… especially if it’s a fun, no cut sport.

I realize this may not help the high school anxiety at first, but by getting to know people before the first day, you’ll already feel more at home… even if you don’t love the sport or feel a particular connection with anyone, you’ll know people already and have someone to sit with!

Scarlet Williams said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I’m starting my freshman year this year. I’m not to scared. I asked allot of juniors and sophomores about getting picked on by seniors and they didn’t lie and told me that I will probably get some hazing but it will ware off after a while. And me personally I have allot of junior, sophomore, and senior friends already. Don’t be to worried is all I’m trying to say and if things get rough just roll with the punches and take it as a right of passing. If anything were both on the same path right now so were both gonna be experiencing the freshman experience. It’s not gonna be easy, don’t expect that just remember that it will pass and soon enough you’ll just be like any other student. Hope I helped :)

katie said 9 years, 8 months ago:

High school is pretty great. Just balance all the aspects of your life, find something you love doing and meet other people that love it too. It’s pretty much the same as the real world.