Jess said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I have such a hard time with school work when I’m there, at home is almost impossible. Not a single cell in my entire body wants to do homework.

How you do motivate yourself to do homework?

Deleted User said 6 years, 5 months ago:

- Think of the consequences, if you don’t do your homework. Will you get a bad grade? Will your teacher be disappointed in you? – Think of the benefits, if you do your homework. Your grades will go up, and your teacher will appreciate your efforts.
- Find a place to do homework with less distraction.
- Turn off your electronics.
- Avoid procrastination. Try your best to get it done as soon as possible. Like during lunch time, do it so you have less work to do when you get home.
- Use simpler problems to find the steps to solve the harder ones. Most problems can be broken down into simpler ones, that’s a key to try on most science & math exams.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

♡ SPiCa ♡ said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I’m such a bad procrastinator too and I learned things the hard way. The consequences are what motivate me to do well in school. School pretty much prepares you for the rest of your life so you should take it seriously. I listen to music on a PLAYLIST so I don’t have to flip through different songs too often. Try to get stuff done as quickly as possible but still understand the material. Take big projects or a lot of homework and break them down each day. Hard to do be causes a lot less stress in the long run. Study a little each day might help you participate in class more and understand the material a bit better. Take breaks though and don’t stress out too much. That’s the key. Don’t make yourself stressed and try to make your life as easy as possible. Don’t bring this onto yourself.

awesome126 said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Always procrastinating if you find a way that works be sure to tell me ! :) (and that’s what I am doing know)

Deleted User said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I’m one of the last people to ask but when I actually do my homework I find that a good playlist or mixtape (I use 8tracks.com) is key or I just work terribly. I’ll definitely keep an eye on these posts for myself

Exia said 6 years, 5 months ago:

-if you have study hall, make the best use of it that you can. So far I think 50-75% of my homework last year was just done then, and about 95% of my freshmen year homework as well. Its easier to work there because it is such a controlled environment where there is no possibility of distraction. Speaking of which…
-Find a place you can do homework that is in a less distracting place, say a park or something. If you force yourself into that environment it will get done.
-Pace your work out. For me I generally do it subject by subject and if that subject has more work than usual I split it into multiple parts. Ideally, you should never work more than 30-45 minutes without some kind of break, otherwise you just burn out.
-Understand that the work either gets done now or later, and it will probably be much harder later, when the work piles up, than now.

matthew said 6 years, 5 months ago:

i find that music makes homework so much more enjoyable but it can be distracting as well so find out if it works for you!

awesome126 said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Thank you all

BlueBowTies said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I agree that playlists really help. Try to pick music that doesn’t have lyrics so that you aren’t distracted by the song. Treat your homework like a job. That means you take one subject at a time, and give yourself sufficient breaks in between.

An idea to keep in mind is every 25 mins, take a 5 min break. Stand up, stretch, get a quick (and healthy) snack, just let your mind go for little bit. After every hour and a half of studying, take a half hour break. This time you have enough time to do something for pleasure. Read a bit, go on facebook/twitter/tumblr, get in a quick workout, but remove yourself from the work entirely.

Also, don’t do more than five hours of homework a night. Anything more that this will just stress you out. Try to do around 3 hours of balanced work. Lastly, keep yourself organized by completing subjects by their due date, not by what interests you. The things due soonest should be completed first, then move on from there.

I hope this helped a little!

mullofkintyre said 6 years, 5 months ago:

I would space out your homework and try to balance your down-time and homework. What i used to do is come home and relax for about an hour or so and then get down to doing the homework that would take the most effort/time, have dinner, then I would go through the homework that is the easiest/fastest to get through so it’s like you’re ending the session on a good note. Don’t overload yourself and only really do as much as you can do. If you’re spending over 2 hours on one subject then leave it at that and tell your teacher the next day that you tried your best. And really that’s all that matters is that you try your best and you do it to your standards.

talk2me said 6 years, 5 months ago:

4 words…
Turn
off
the
internet