Hailey said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I constantly beat myself up over the way I look and what people think of me. Is this normal? Am I the only one who does this? I feel so alone sometimes in situations like this.

becster101 said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do it too baba :(

bluelemons said 8 years, 1 month ago:

i do it too, and then i try not my too, but my family do it for me– always nagging me about me about my weight, my sister recently told me i should more ashamed of being fat that if i some crazy deformity like a big lump on my head

Esmee said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do it too. But i’ve had an eating disorder for like ages and I just can’t get the idea of being fat out of my head even though I’m clean. But let’s just blame puberty and hope it will get out of your head once you’re an adult..

Corabelle said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do that too your not alone

Alexander Crow said 8 years, 1 month ago:

All of us have social standards, or the wish to uphold them. But society only defines outer beauty, not inner beauty. So long as you are true to yourself, others will see you for who you are, not who you seem to be.

158092 said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do it emotionally. I don’t physically abuse myself, but it’s just massive amounts of insecurities for me.

bookie said 8 years, 1 month ago:

It’s pretty normal for every girl to worry about how she looks and how people think of her. Everyone wants to be accepted and a lot of people think they’re not good enough, so they put their self down. Society has a way of bringing down even the strongest of people. I know I definitely bring myself down all the time and worry about other peoples opinion, even though I shouldn’t.

-psychedelic90- said 8 years, 1 month ago:

It’s normal. Eventually, you’ll end up not giving a damn simply because you need to realise that everyone is judging everyone. Just do the things you love and be around the people that love you for you! You’ll figure it out in the end. Take your time.

Brigid said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do this all the time. I feel like I’m too fat etc. and worry that people also think that. It’s completely normal and everyone does it.

The Lone Helper said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I think we’ve all done this in some point in our life, but usually we have to do something that will help like, get a new haircut, new wardrobe, and try to change and build up our self-confidence.

roar17 said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Yes. It’s perfectly normal. It’s part of human nature to care about our image. The need to be admired, appreciated and wanted is already embedded in our veins. Don’t worry, you are not alone in this. :)

Haley said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do it all the time … some days worse than others …

YNNKY said 8 years, 1 month ago:

I do it too. :( I have very low self esteem and i let others’ opinion or judgment affect me. It doesn’t feel good. But you just have to love yourself more.

Travezen said 8 years, 1 month ago:

You are absolutely not alone in this, so many people have a really hard time with their self-image. Everything in the mainstream media tells people (teenage girls especially are targeted in it) what they are ‘supposed’ to look like if they want to be accepted in society or ever attain a little bit of success. But what you have to understand is that that is simply not true, what they’re showing you. The models and people that they say you have to look like are an impossible goal. SO MUCH photoshopping goes into pictures and advertisements to make something impossible happen. Truly what matters is on the inside. Believe it or not, no matter what you look like, there is SOMEONE out there who will find you attractive. The true beauty is who you are though. Being a kind and caring person (not because others tell you you should, but because you want to), having your own personal interests and beliefs and sticking to them, doing what you feel is right and sticking up for yourself, are all really amazing traits that have nothing to do with external beauty.