extracheesy said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I think you’re on the right track. Your tattoos should mean something to you, they’re gonna be a part of you for the rest of you life. Really put some thought into what you’re getting and why you’re getting it, and you can’t go wrong.

tatteddragonfly said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Personally I have way more then the average person when it comes to this subject… but I do agree with the above mentioned wait and think and if you have meaning behind it comments… but I would like to add that the people in life who regret getting tatts do so because there is absolutely no meaning behind it other then vanity… where tattoos also come from you should know…because it helped me get my first at 19 and lets just say four years worth of work later I am glad I knew… tattoos are thought to originate in early civilizations such as anchiant Egyptian, Mayan, Sumerian, etc… the great warriors of a villiage got tattoos which at that time had some of the same methods as prison tattoos to a point… to commemorate the strength and bravery in battle… the more tatts you had the higher rank in the village… they took large sticks, feathers, bones and sharpened to a point… dye was made from things around at that time,…. mainly plants that had been dried and crushed…and the “needle” was placed in the “ink” and then poked and dragged across the skin… they took lifetimes to build what we call sleeves today… the last words of advice I leave with is keep in mind your body will change as you get older and before you get the tattoo you long for try to imagine yourself at age 60 with wrinkles and little extra love on your body to go around… if you still think its beautiful and worth it after all that go for it I say

punky said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I was pretty sure about my tattoo before I got it. Ink is permanent you know? I wanted it for more than a year before I went and made an appointment. I was really nervous though. It’s a big commitment and I’m not exactly fond of pain. I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect.
When I got there my tattoo artist was finishing up with another client so I had to wait, which made my nerves way worse. But when he came to show me the sketch? It was amazing. Stunning. I stopped worrying in that moment because that beautiful piece of artwork was going to be on me forever.
I think a first tattoo is an incredibly personal thing. Make sure you choose an artist you trust. And then let go and enjoy the experience. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d worried it would be.

Soph said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’d wanted mine for a while and I just happened to be near a tattoo shop on holiday.. so I got it done that day without planning. I was so scared but it’s honestly the best feeling ever!

Niko said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I was very sure. As an illustrator, I designed my tattoos. So, they hold meaning to me not just in that I designed them personally, but they reflect my heritage and my sense of style.

[.jessica|acissej.] said 10 years ago:

Very sure, I had known since I was 14 that I wanted to be covered when I got older. My sister and I got our first tattoos together when I was 19 and she was 20. I got Little Sister and she got Big Sister at the bases of our necks.

mee said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I came up with the idea for my tattoo and told myself that if I still want the same tattoo a year from now, that I would get it. I waited, finally got it, and have no regrets about it! Make sure it is what you absolutely want

Swifting said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I was 100000% sure what I wanted when I got my tattoo. I had to be. Not only did it have to go on my body; something that EVERYONE sees all of the time. But, I had to be willing to tell people about it every-time they asked. No, it’s not in a public place where everyone can see it (arms, hands, face, neck, feet, etc.). But, I knew I’d have to defend my decision to everyone.

I was also 1000% sure of the artist I wanted to do it. Quality of work was not something I was willing to compromise on. I also made sure they had a maintenance plan for touch ups that agreed with me.

andidear said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I felt really good when I got my first one done. It was a “working professional” tattoo so I felt really sneaky and no one knew I had it for well over two years hehe. I kind of got stuck on it. I have four now and I’m planning a fifth to mirror number four. There is only one that I regret a little, not because I don’t like it but because the guy did crap one the little details. Be sure it’s what you want. Figure out which one you’d like the most, think it over for a while. Once it’s there, it’s there. Will you still love it in five years? And will it interfere with your future? (I have all mine on my legs and back so I can still do office work, will that be an issue for you?) And over all find an artist who can do it justice so you don’t have to validate those tiny, crooked details as a “good metaphor for life.”

SimplyMiMi said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Im positively sure before i got my tattoo… well for me i wanted to have this dream catcher tattoo with me forever so that ill always remember the special moments that i’ve been through plus the persons behind me with this…and the person that will always be special in my life…all struggles and success that ive had and have.

danceismyhappyness said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I wanted mine since I was 14, and got it the day I hit 18. Sure as I could ever be, and I haven’t regretted it since

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

as soon as i want a tattoo i book it in, not regretted none of mine :) i think you should go for it :)

Jesca said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I was 16 when I got my first tattoo. I knew exactly what I wanted.