jeffory said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’m not the biggest fan of tattoos or piercings (yeah wrong group to be invited to, haha), but I love them if they have to have a lot of meaning.

So I’m thinking I get a tatt on my left wrist, I want it to say to me that I can’t hold back or be a slave to my actions or fears.

On my right wrist I have a scar from where I accidentally slit my wrist open on a window, running down my stairs, so that reminds me life can end at any time. Can’t get both wrists done because of it.

Any thoughts? I’m not entirely sure about it, but I think that’s because it’s my first. I was thinking a chain like the protagonist from Bioshock, I really love that game. Seems kind of lame, but I have reasons behind it.

jeffory said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Looks like this if anyone’s interested:

http://www.geekytattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/bioshock-500×258.png

lulu said 10 years, 7 months ago:

hey if it’s something you really want, wait a year. if in a year you still really want it, go for it. I waited a year or longer until i got my first tattoo. Don’t have any regrets about it either!

katiemaire816 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I say go for it. I have an almost completed sleeve plus five others and I don’t regret a single one. I love my tattoos and I think they’re beautiful. I’d say just think about it for a while and then just do it. I’ve thought about all mine for at least a few months before I got them. Well, all except the one inside my lip.

Lasair said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hey, I got my first tattoo done over a month ago, took me just over a year to get it done once I had the thought in my head. Mine is a white question mark on my left wrist. It has a few meanings the main one being a reminder to be strong in myself and to question myself about life and meaning. It is white as it is for me and no one else, surprising amount of people spot it though. I can also say that once you get one done you want more….I am already planning my next :)

Dexter said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I haven’t gotten mine yet, but I turn 18 in 7 days and nobody in my town does any work on people under 18, so…

But I’m pretty sure what I’ll get. This is something from the past that is with me to this day, and might be for a while.
It’s a broken skateboard in the shape of a heart with the text “first love”.
Why? Because when I was 12 I got my first skateboard, and there was three girls at the time that had a crush on me. Seeing as I was in love with my board, I didn’t take time to speak with the girls, and so they left me.

Everytime I’m down, I pick up my board and just go somewhere.
My board is my lover. I have sex with my board (not like sex, but just…figure of speech…).

Karrigan Stacey said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I got my first tattoo in May and I have plans for many more on the way. The best thing to do for a possible tattoo is to get a henna tattoo of the idea you have created and once the tattoo fades you should have a better idea of how you feel about it.

Peter Pan said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I got my first tattoo this year. About two months ago now. It’s so I wouldn’t have to wear my medical bracelet. If a tattoo has meaning to you, get it.

ISSY said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I got my first tattoo about a month ago and I was so scared i wasn’t going to like it. right after the guy finished up my tattoo i was in love. if you want to get a tattoo you have to be 110% sure you want this. a tattoo is permanent and before you get it, think through how bad you want it. always think about the future if you think you’re going to regret it or not. the tattoo has to have a lot of meaning and be sure the tattoo artist is good :)

Tori said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I got my first tattoo about a year ago and I have like five tattoos now. the night I got my first tattoo I didn’t really think it through I just knew that I wanted a tattoo. So I got the phrase “when words fail,music speaks” tattooed on my wrists. And to this day it is still my favorite tattoo.

bookgirl said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I got my first tattoo back in July on my left wrist….it’s a music tattoo…a bass clef and a treble clef morphed into a heart and it’s shaded with red. I got the same one with my best friend…and it means alot because it was a something to remind us of our commonalities (our love for music and the color red) because she was moving away. Now every time I miss her, I just look at my wrist and some times I like to think she’s doing the same thing.

I mean at first I was scared…and it wasn’t my first choice for a tattoo…but she was leaving and we just decided spur of the moment to get them…so it’s a nice story to tell. I had no doubts that I wanted to get a tattoo that day…I was just fearful of the pain. It wasn’t all that bad. Personally, it felt like when you have a sunburn and you got scratched…but toward the wrinkles on my wrist it got a little tender…but overall it wasn’t too bad and my tattoo only took 30 mins to do…but I could have dealt with the pain for two hours.

asdfghjkl said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’m getting my first tattoo in 26 days and I’ve waited 3 years for it. It’s something meaningful to me and sentimental. I say go for it if it’s something you want and actually means something to you and you’re comfortable having it on your skin forever.

Meg said 10 years, 5 months ago:

My piercings (nose, monroe, labret, and 2 ears) I was very sure of.

I have 1 tattoo right now- and it was kind of spur of the moment. I don’t regret getting it. I regret getting it done by THAT tattoo artist.

Phia29 said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I say take your time deciding. I didn’t get my tat when I turned 18 out of respect for my parents cuz they hate tattoos. I waited until my 25th birthday to get my first tat. (no I was not still living a home) It just took me that long to find something I love and then I waited and waited and every time I though about getting a tat that design was the one that came to mind.. that is how I knew that it was the one for me. I now have 4 tattoos and don’t regret any of them cuz I did the same thing and took my time to decide. So Like a few people said above if it means something to you and its what you always come back to no matter hoe long you wait its the one for you.

Jane Doe said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I got my second tattoo a couple months ago, it’s a sleeve that so far covers the entire upper half of my left arm, and it’s not finished yet. I got it because I used to self harm and the scars didn’t fade away, especially the really deep ones. I couldn’t go anywhere without long sleeves and now I am super confident about myself, I do not ever regret getting it. It’s a three big roses that start at my shoulder, and vines that wrap around my arm twice. I’m only sixteen which is why it’s sad, but my parents were on board with it which made me happy.