Braig said 10 years ago:

Hey guys, basically I’m in my last year of school and I have a college place which starts in September. No one else I know is going to the college so I won’t know anyone. That means I have to make new friends………..I don’t know how to. I won’t know how to get talking to them, introduce myself or even know what to say. I really need help for this.

Hannah said 10 years ago:

I just started college last year, with the same problem! I actually met my best friend, when she asked me a question about textbooks. Try sitting next to people at lunch, and try to have a conversation, or wait until someone asks you a question when sitting next to them in class or something. Join clubs! I know they’re really awkward at first, but they get so much easier and are tons of fun. You will most likely make friends with your roommate and their friends.

Radamske said 9 years, 11 months ago:

When you’re in class, try to make small talk with the people next to you. Ask for a pen, ask if they did the homework. Come up with anything! If the person is a dick you’ll be able to tell right away and you can just forget it happened and sit next to someone else next time and try again!

mee said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hi there! I am a recent college grad but I went into college not knowing a soul (and dorming 2 hours away from home) so I know how you must be feeling. If you are dorming, I strongly encourage you to get out of your dorm room and walk on your floor. Stop by into peoples’ rooms and introduce yourself! Everyone goes into college being scared and wanting to make friends just like you. If you aren’t dorming, get involved on campus. Find clubs or intramural sports that you love and you will for sure make good friends that way. For me, it wasn’t easy to make lasting friendships in the beginning. But it got easier and when I graduated, I left with a group of 6 best friends and a whole lot of other friends on top of that! You will be just fine : )

Negra_Loca said 9 years, 9 months ago:

It’s easier to make friends if you join groups or clubs for things you’re interested in. That’s how I met my friends.

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Just say “Hi” give a compliment and stick to a general subject like music or food that you know everyone will enjoy. People in college are pretty open and chill the worst they can do is walk away bc they’re too busy to respond. Whatever their loss. Keep it moving. :)

Johnny said 9 years, 9 months ago:

The easiest way to make friends it to take a science class with a lot of lab work where you can work in groups. Then you basically spot out people who seem friendly or who you’d be interested in getting to know, and just go up and ask if you can work with them. My observational astronomy class was like this: we did group work for like at least 2 hours straight every week. When you have to cooperate to get work done it makes for a very easy environment to become friends.