Christina said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve had social anxiety since I was twelve from being bullied in school. When I was younger it didn’t impact my life so terribly because the lack of responsibilities, but now that I’m an adult my life has become a shell of what it should be. I dropped out of high school the beginning of my junior year because it caused too much anxiety. Shortly after, I married my high school boyfriend and became a housewife. I don’t have a license because driving (and the thought of taking a driving test) is terrifying, I don’t have my GED because I’m too afraid to take the steps to get one, I don’t have a job due to my lack of a GED and my social anxiety. My husband has never complained, but I feel like I’m not contributing to my marriage at all and I feel like I’m not a “real adult” and I feel like a burden. I have no independence. I can’t even walk out of my front door by myself. My life is being flushed down the toilet. I know it’s probably best if I see a therapist, but anxiety is holding me back from that too.

S.S. said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Addressing the actual part that gives you anxiety during all these events is key. It can be key in relieving a panic attack before onset sometimes. Do you have panic or anxiety attacks in public often?

Kumi said 8 years, 7 months ago:

It’s hard. Social anxiety is a bitch. A bitch that has to be fought though. You’re on this site, that’s a good first step. I’m not sure how good the therapists on here are, but have you tried maybe using them? Or maybe your husband can call a therapist for you? Sometimes we have to force ourselves. It can be hard. I hated going to my therapist. This last one I had though was a real dick. And you’ll encounter those. You have to weed out the bad from the good. There’s many alternatives besides going somewhere and talking with someone. The internet is a very useful tool. I know this probably won’t help much, but I hope you get to feeling at least safer soon. I wish you the best of luck <3