zyxkms said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Hi, I’m actually doing a university project focused around anxiety (as I suffer from social anxiety myself) resulting in panic attacks among other things and I’m glad I found this great website that can help many different people around the world.

I’m hoping to be able to get some insight into other people who suffer from it and what you guys do to cope with it? How you feel about your anxiety? Do your parents and friends help you? Do you seek medical attention or cope with it yourself? Has blahtherapy helped you and how?

My project is to research into something of interest and produce a design outcome for it as I’m a design student and I was thinking an app to help with those issues (breathing techniques, cbt etc.) If anyone has any tips or suggestions that would be great also, such as previous experience of using other websites or apps to cope and if not, why?

Thank you in advance for any feedback given! you can also pm me instead if you prefer! :) and if people are interested in my project I can also keep you guys updated on my progress. ((and I’m terrible sorry if I’m not supposed something like this in here!))

GBWest said 9 years, 5 months ago:

If I were completely honest, I’d say… I actually do nothing to cope with anxiety (well, cigarettes, so… nothing “healthy”). I hate my anxiety. Have had several panic attacks. No friends, and family does not help. No medical aid in any sense of the word. BlahTherapy has not helped with any of my anxiety.

Unfortunately, would not use a phone app, because I do not own a phone capable of using apps.

friendlyfish said 9 years, 5 months ago:

How do you cope?
I journal, do homework(even though that’s the cause of my anxiety HAHA), or play video games. I find sleeping the most effective coping method :)

How you feel about your anxiety?
I’m okay with it, it’s just there, won’t hurt me even though it makes me feel uncomfortable. ^^

Do your parents and friends help you?
Somewhat, i prefer to self-help.

Do you seek medical attention or cope with it yourself?
My counselor tells me i need a counselor, but i’m very reluctant, and unwilling to go see one because i prefer to help myself…But eventually will have to go see one, haha.

Has blahtherapy helped you and how?
Nope.

Previous experience of using other websites or apps to cope?
I use calm (it’s a app+web), guided meditation, that stuff is the best 10/10 highly recommend ;D
There’s also a thing called mindshift, not my fave
aand one appe i’m currently using called boosterbuddy (i think it’s directed at kids though) :)

I would like to know your progress on the project you’re doing, if you don’t mind sending me the updates ^^ Best of luck, work hard!

Sora said 9 years, 5 months ago:

What you guys do to cope with it?
I try to distract myself and live with it
How you feel about your anxiety?
I don’t think about it too much but I feel kind of feel pathetic at times
Do your parents and friends help you?
My friends try their best to help but it doesn’t always help
Do you seek medical attention or cope with it yourself?
I cope with it myself
Has blahtherapy helped you and how?
Well I just started using it so….

Good luck :)

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 5 months ago:

- What you guys do to cope with it?
I try to not take life too seriously and distract myself through different means in order to not let my mind wander away to thoughts that get my heart racing and my stomach clunching.

- How you feel about your anxiety?
It used to be a lot worse 4 years ago, and ever since I got out of school a lot of stress was left behind. I find that I have a hard time properly analysing myself and my feelings because I’ve lived with depression and anxiety for so long, but I can live with it.

- Do your parents and friends help you?
Kind of yeah, my mom is probably the one who helps me the most, she was the one who took me to therapy and sent me to the psychiatric ward when things got really bad years ago. I try to deal with most things silently by myself, but I can’t deny that she’s been there to save me from myself.

- Do you seek medical attention or cope with it yourself?
I have been on a few different anti-depressants, but I stopped a while back, never liked them, they didn’t help. These days I kinda self-medicate with cannabis, it helps to take my mind off of things and makes my apetite and sleep a lot better which are two things that I struggle with everyday.

- Has blahtherapy helped you and how?
I’d say yes. It’s very nice to be able to come to a place and not only see other people who are in a similar boat as you, but to also be able to just occassionly read through some questions, browse the forus a bit or what have you and actually reply and feel like you’re being helpful is very nice. Also, even if you get listeners who are crap sometimes and other issues, the chat dedicated to venting is so helpful.