Caprielle said 9 years, 8 months ago:

All my friends have ditched me and I really don’t know why. :(
I’ve tried approaching them yet they still ignore me. I’m always the one who first reaches out for them. They barely initiate a conversation w/me. I also barely get invited to hang out with them.
When I saw their photos on FB and Insta w/out me, I feel so sad. I feel jealous because they always post and comment each other posts’ and FB profiles and they never did that to me. Some of my friends in the past also made fun of me and whenever I wasn’t with them, they would talk about me.

I keep trying to be nice and a good friend to them but I gradually feel tired now. People around me don’t like me too. Idk why either. Maybe I’m just too tall , skinny and ugly. Or maybe I don’t have any talents or special skills.They just greet at me then pass by me. I can conclude that I’m not meant to have friends. How can I stop feeling awful about this serious matter?

JustASpeck said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Firstly, you need to stop thinking you’re not worth it, or that there’s something wrong with you! The people who you tried to hang out with are not your friends, and probably never were. Are you a student? High school, university? See if you can join a club or team that interests you. Forget those inconsiderate, uncivil bums. They obviously didn’t see your worth!

If in the meantime, you can’t seem to get past it, call this number -800-273-TALK (8255) There are great people who will be able to walk you through your troubles. Please remember you are worth it, and there are more people that care about you then you realize!

I hope things get better, remember to call someone if things get bad!

Tea said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I, for one, can relate. I remember my freshman year in high school (I’m going to be a senior now). I use to hangout with girls that use to treat me like your friends treat you now. At first I thought it was me “Am I weird?” or “Is it because I don’t sleep around with everyone?” these questions use to pass through my mind all the time, especially since they never included me in anything, left me out of the conversations, or never filled me in. But soon I figured out that those girls weren’t my friends. And the reason I stood out so much from them was because I didn’t act the way they did (two-faced, liars, bullies), and those are the type of people I DIDN’T want in my life, so I made a new set of friends, (easier than you think. Just be yourself) and I’m so happy I did. We share everything from inside jokes, to calling each others family members family. So, first off, think about WHY you’re different. Are you being yourself, and they don’t like the fact that you’re the real you? or are you trying so hard to be like them, and you aren’t happy?

Shivaganesh said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I feel sorry for how you are feeling right now but do blame yourself for any of it..Friendship is not confined any boundaries or specific conditions to exist,if your friends are so narrow minded its better to not being friends with them..Just be yourself and appreciate yourself more often no matter what others think..When you are on the right track,you will often find good people in the way..:)

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

So why do you need your friends exactly?

It aint a serious matter. Make new ones.

Learn not to be bored when you are alone, not like play computer games, or some waste of life, but something productive. As you grow up, everyone starts having a life( mainly work, lil personal)!

GentleLight said 9 years, 8 months ago:

@Caprielle, please speak to the national suicide line. You have so many reason for sticking around with us!

wingedcookie said 9 years, 7 months ago:

you can talk to me if you want, i am here to help, and making friends is aways good :D if you aren’t feeling comfortable with your friends, then they just aren’t your friends…try to meet new people, to be kind with everyone, and do not blame yourself because of that problems. you are what you are, if the people around you don’t acept you, be sure someone will, i know because i would.

Tulip said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I feel like this alot too, sometimes im on form and feel great and people seem to like me alot but when i suffer from social anxiety and get panicky and nervous and insecure and ackward its so difficult and people generally avoid me a little and it is so so painful. I get that its absolutely horrible, trick is to love myself and be authentic and work to create good energy but it can be tricky when im insecure and struggling, then i have sore negative energy that people can pick up on – trick is to love yourself inside out and be the change you want to see in the world but it can be difficult to build up confidence and feel safe to be yourself and feel loved and connect. Difficulties with feeling emotionally safe with people is the main reason i sometimes feel so bad i want to die! Its braver to live and blossom and heal and find joy but i struggle with it at times x

Samantha said 9 years, 7 months ago:

If you think so and if they don’t really seem like they are you’re friends, then I would work on trying to move on and make new friends, friends that care.

If you are feeling depressed, I would definitely encourage you to either go see your doctor or physician, talk to a psychologist/ counselor, or call the national suicide hotline (like another member recommended).

Don’t let people make you feel like you’re not worth it or make you feel ugly, etc…. You are definitely worth it and pretty! And I am pretty sure someone out there would miss you if you just “disappeared” out of the blue.

You’re welcome to send me a message if you need to talk to someone or add me if you want a friend! :)

Tulip said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I felt suicidal again today because of all my fear of not belonging and not being liked but i rang Samaritans, had a super chat and reconnected with a joy for my meditation so you could try it too. Meditate on being whole, being loved and achieving all of your dreams and finding happiness and tranquility and achieving your dreams, it takes work but it really works!! Try it :) SOmetimes our anxiety is because we focus all our energies on negative thinking, instead try focusing on positive thoughts and feelings and see how happy you feel :) Possibilities and inspiration starts flowing again with feeling good.

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend, you could cut ties with all the lies that you’ve been living in.

Art said 9 years, 7 months ago:

You are not alone, you never will be. You have people everywhere who care about you. I don’t know you, I wouldn’t mind knowing you cause I will be here for you anytime. When Ive felt alone and unwanted I never had anything like this to go to. Instead I built up my anger and suicidal intent like their was no tomorrow. That has had its affects on my life. I know you’re strong, you’re young and have the rest of your life to live. So please live it and you will see that life has many many beautiful wonders for everyone. Please don’t forget Im here for you anytime. I got you.