Whisper Angel said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I really don’t like going anywhere for the fear of making myself look like a complete fool. I especially hate the though of having to talk to a cashier or waiter. I’ve been this way my whole life, and even though I’m on anti-anxiety meds, I still hate going places.
Anyone else in this boat?

zarya said 9 years, 4 months ago:

i am not in your boat with the not being able to go out but i do have social anxiety and it makes me crazy doing new things. Like at work i am new and i hate being in the break room because so many people are in there and i have nobody to talk to and i feel like they are all staring at me.i usually just eat in my car at lunch.

Lime said 9 years, 4 months ago:

I am the same, but I am trying to conquer this for some time now. I’ got a bit better but still I have places that I would never see myself going to even with some company. :’(

neccla said 9 years, 4 months ago:

well, i’m very uncomfortable talking to strangers too but strangely, it’s only if/when they’re asking personal questions and trying to make friends. I’m pretty comfortable if it’s a cashier, waiter, teacher, a guy from HR or from customer service…Because it’s only business related. That’s their job, they have to interact with me even if they don’t want to. In the other case, others don’t have to keep me company or butter me up to sell me a product, so they can reject me and hurt me.

Resident Heathen said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I have a very set routine in regards to grocery shopping or running errands. If I stray from this, I panic and usually screw it all up. For example, I tried grocery shopping on a Thursday instead of Saturday and about had a complete melt down by the pasta and still forgot half the stuff I needed to get. And heaven help me if anyone besides a cashier tries to speak to me!

redlonnerlfc said 9 years, 2 months ago:

yes im the kind of person that doesn’t start a conversation neither does know how to maintain a normal conversation so people think right away that im some kind of psycho witch most probably i Am.

Deleted User said 9 years, 2 months ago:

me too, exact the same :c

Itheren said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Usually when friends or family make me go anywhere I just hang around them with my earbuds. Every time someone tries to talk to me I end up making things more awkward. :’(

Anna said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I hate doctors. I’m really really nervous when I have to go to them.

Tjeu said 9 years ago:

Definately, on the internet I’m ready to talk to anyone and seek out things myself but in real life I hate going to public places. Whether that be public transport, parties, festivals or just the shop.
I just hate making contact with people I don’t know well/won’t know for long.

MaryJ said 9 years ago:

First try to find a good friend at least in the network. Perhaps it will help you later to overcome this problem. Try this site https://kovla.com/datings/us/madison
It is much easier to talk to someone when you when you don`t see him

Hussein said 9 years ago:

I can relate to that. I can only be comfortable going shopping if I know exactly what I want to get and where is it located. I don’t like searching for things because it makes me feel awkward. I don’t have a problem talking to a cashier or waitress as long as it’s business, but if questions like “Any plans for the night ?” or any chitchat, I start to feel anxious and awkward. I don’t let that stop me from going anywhere though ( except maybe eating alone or something ) .. it’s not easy.

bisi500 said 8 years, 12 months ago:

I just don’t like going out or meeting new people

babe20042004 said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I feel the same way. Even the commute on public transportation to wherever I’m going drives me crazy. Whenever I’m walking and I’m about to pass by someone I feel extremely stiff and I hold my breath. Holding a simple conversation which should be easy is work and completely awkward for me.

Deleted User said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I agree with all of this. I pass up opportunities often for fear of making myself look stupid. I even try not to eat in front of others because I’m self-conscious about how I look to other people. I never raise my hand in class and I’m selectively mute, mainly just because I’m afraid to look dumb. Social anxiety is destroying my life, which is a real problem for me because I want to go into the music industry, and that (for me at least) means performing…. *gulp*