Ariana Elaine said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’ve never been truly diagnosed with anything, as my mom doesn’t believe me when I tell her how I feel in public. But, basically, every time I leave the house I begin to dread that I left. I usually don’t care what anyone thinks, but as soon as I leave I care about everything on me. If I have face blemishes, I begin to freak out. If my arms are showing, I feel naked. I can’t stand it. I sweat and my glasses fog up, and I cry uncontrollably when people talk to me. Obviously not in front of them, but I go to the bathroom to freak out. I can’t stand it. I’m homeschooled, so I guess that could contribute to it. It sucks. Also, I have a giant fear of talking to boys. I avoid boys at all costs because they make me 100% more scared and anxious. I’ve picked up this weird habit where I place my hands in a T-rex manner and walk around like that. I just don’t know what to do anymore, and I’m trying to start my life. :|

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

try to convince your mom that you need to go get professional help. my mom took AGES to convince because most parents don’t want to admit that something could be “wrong” with their kid even if whatever is wrong with them doesn’t make them any less of a person. if you need to, go to your school counselor and talk to them and tell them so they can call your mom themselves and tell her that you need to get help. social anxiety really sucks. what i’d tell you until then is to just try to figure out some coping skills until you can get help and read up on it.

xerxezx said 9 years, 10 months ago:

hello Ariana. my opinion is that you should get into group activities. anything where you interact with other people. being home schooled doesnt help. sooner or later you will have to go into the world. sports would be a good idea. or volunteering, camp, church etc

MiMia said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hi,
On my worst days it feels like everyone notices all the bad things about me when I leave the house. If my arms are exposed, I too, feel naked. I also have this condition where my hair occasionally falls out in clumps, and I swear I can feel people’s eyes on me. So I get what you are saying.

It’s okay to feel anxious and not know how to talk to boys. Or have problems being social. I would try what someone else suggested and try to find a group or something to join. And talking to boys is hard. It sounds so cliche but sometimes the best way to go is to just gather up all your courage and go up to a boy that you think seems nice and just say “Hi.” They may be as anxious as you are.

Parash said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Dear Elaine

Your house is your fortress, your secured area, your comfort zone, that is why after you leave it, you become insecure.

To face this insecurity, first you need to be comfortable with yourself, you are the way you are and it’s beautiful, everyone is beautiful

Sometimes people say things that makes us insecure about ourself, you really shouldn’t pay attention to that because those people are idiots

I’m also currently helping someone with social anxiety daily and slowly slowly she is also getting better, you also can do it elaine :)

It will not change over night but it will change :) . Have faith in yourself, be comfortable with yourself