amanda092913 said 9 years, 3 months ago:

is it bad that I even feel socially awkward on here? like earlier I went on the listening chat and tried to help someone but they seemed to get frustrated and leave..like i wasn’t doing it right or something. That really made me feel like I am a failure. I know logically that something probably happened with the connection or maybe she just had to go or something, but I can’t help but feel like it was something I did or didn’t do. Also I don’t really have many friends and the ones I do have are either socially awkward as well, or they seem to like me, but not really want to hang out with me. I am a very caring person, but I never know what to say and end up having a lot of awkward pauses and end up using my problems as something to talk about which I guess makes people uncomfortable or something. I mean I have so much going on in my life that it always ends up going back to that. I just wish that I could wake up one day with something to talk about that isn’t depressing. I recently got engaged to my fiance and that is something positive to talk about, but I am pretty sure that people are tired of hearing about that so I am left with nothing else to talk about but my problems. I do listen to other people, but when it comes to me, I end up being depressing to people. I just wish that I wasn’t so depressing to people..

Vaib said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hey Congratulations for your engagement. So this means now your life is going to be very exciting and happening with your soul mate. Happy days are here :)

rinseandrep said 9 years, 3 months ago:

No, listening is a tricky activity, check the listener’s group, you could dig up some resources shared months ago to get you in the right tempo, but, overall, if you look for gratification, and a sense of a job well done, that’s something that can come out once in ten chats. But if you keep at it, you improve your skills, and get a sense of having done what you could, and if you manage to get someone to thank you, good, while if they disconnect or complain you aren’t satisfying enough, well, amen.

angie said 9 years, 1 month ago:

hey,the very fact you have come to this site and have tried to help people around you proves that you are a very nice person.congratulations on your engagement and if you want to share your problems i promise i’ll lend an ear to you.