Deleted User said 10 years, 1 month ago:

im so tired of living like this. i just had a slight panic attack because my dad spoke to me and its sad how im now anxious around my own family. they think im mean and cold and distant when really its just the anxiety. i have no friends. i dont go anywhere. i had one online relationship and it failed cuz i suck socially. i have no one or anything. i want a job but im too afraid to apply and go through the whole interviewing cuz i dont wanna interact with ppl at all. anything involving people just irritates me. how can i deal with it better? i have an appt on the 12th of march and hopefully i can get the help i need. im depressed, lonely suicidal, and bipolar and i hate putting labels on myself but thats just how i feel.

Flora said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I know what you mean. I’ve been miserable my whole life and I didn’t even know what was wrong with me. I thought I was just shy but I want to communicate with people and get to know them. I have no true friends that I feel I can call on when I need someone to talk to. The funny thing is it’s not them it’s me. I can’t have a meaningful relationship because I can’t state my opinion or say what I want. I just give in to what they want and then get upset and push them away later because they did what I agreed to. If I had just expressed how I felt, things would have been different.

The hard part is there is not much therapy out there for social anxiety. I couldn’t even imagine going to a therapist and telling them how I felt. That in it’s self would be terrifying. That’s why I never have went. But, I have recently started an audio series that focuses on what helps instead of what causes our social anxiety. One of the things they tell us to practice is acceptance of ourselves the way we are, flaws and all. Another thing is defining those automatic negative thoughts as what they are- liars. We’ve been conditioned and brainwashed all or most our lives so it will take some conditioning to change the negative thoughts to positive ones. I can say I’ve seen a difference in myself and the way I think just in the 8 weeks I’ve been working on it. It’s not a quick fix but what keeps me going is the thought that one day it will be permanent and automatic. I hope this helps and if you ever need to talk just message me. Anytime.