Cheyenne said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I know that some (or most I’m not sure) social anxiety is a fear of people or some thing that has to do with people. SO what I ask you is why do you have social anxiety? Is it fear of being judged? The fear of just being near people? I am here to hear your stories and reasons.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

i think its this uncontrollable fear of being judged + over thinking shit. Especially in a crowd. That used to give me anxiety sometimes in uni, but it could have been a combo of lot of things, exam stress, drugs etc.
It used to affect me very little, only once or twice i remember getting panic attack like stage. Like after one bad break up, i got really bad anxiety. And one time when i was really low on money and had tuition to pay.
Recently though, my anxiety is at minimum level, like i still feel it, ways i combat it, i just care about my appearance a lot, like the health aspect, i dont want to look like a junkie or be viewed as one ever. Also getting new haircuts makes me feel really normal.
Stangely everytime i walk around the big malls when its crowded i get low level anxiety sometimes, like it gets hard to breathe, but as you start realizing it, you just naturally try to find ways to overcome it, i honestly believe i can overcome it. Getting yourself out of your comfort zone and being in those anxiety causing situations might possibly lessen anxiety over time if frequency of those situations increased as we learn how to deal with them, I believe in that.