Rebecka said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Okay, I’m going to do my best to try and explain myself, because I’m very confused and I just need some help.

I think I may be a lesbian, but I’m unsure.
I have a boyfriend, I’ve had boyfriends in the past and have only dated girls online.
But, things with my current boyfriend are weird I love him, but I’m unsure if I feel romantic about it. I don’t know if I love him just because he’s been my best friend for 6 years or because I really do love him as a man (Though even writing that out feels weird)When I have sex with men I don’t feel anything, no pleasure, no love just nothing. It’s basically just me on my back waiting for it to be over.
I fantasize about women, I feel yearning when I see female couples (Around town, in movies, comics, whatever)but I also have a need to please men, but I don’t know if that’s just from being sexually abused a lot as a child by different men, or even if my need to be with women is from what happen to me as a child also.
I’m also in love(?) with my best friend from my teens. She makes me feel jealous, warm, she gives me butterflies, she turns me on, but am I just confused about that or am I really feeling a romantic love for her? I just don’t know.

xerxezx said 9 years, 10 months ago:

maybe kiss a girl and see if you like it?

I have kissed a girl, I’ve had sex with two women. One time being good, the other bad.

But, thanks I guess?

rinseandrep said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I didn’t understand one thing, if your sexual life, with your boyfriend, is satisfactory or it’s like with the other men.

Is the crush for your female friend something that can evolve in a relationship, or something that will never happen?

It’s like that with all men.

and, she wants to experiment with me, but she has a boyfriend so it’ll basically just be a side fling deal.

Humanist Hope said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Miss Rebecka, if you feel no sexual attraction to men, then there is no reason to be having sex with them.

You absolutely sound like you are attracted to women, and you need to embrace that for your own good. You feel nothing romantic with men, and that is okay. Stop going through the motions with boyfriends when you are really just waiting for a woman to love.

You only do yourself a disservice by not admitting to yourself how you really feel.

Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

This reminds me of what I often tell people. The thing you need to understand about human sexuality is that it’s a very watered-down understanding of the way we feel about others.

We put things in boxes and connect them together to make them easier to remember. This extends to sexuality, also. People who define themselves as gay or straight or bisexual or pansexual or whatever sometimes end up feeling confused because they thought they were one way but suddenly feel different. This is very common, and nothing to be alarmed about. The fact of the matter is, none of us are completely one way or the other. We feel sexual feelings and compassion toward one another on a day-to-day basis, but sexuality is not clean and cut, so don’t feel alarmed if you find yourself yearning for things you wouldn’t otherwise consider to be your usual, because in sexuality there is no such thing as usual.

Thanks to everyone who has replied and helped me.
I’m going to try and think things over, but meh. I guess I’ll just let it go on it’s own.