Little Storm said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve always liked guys, but in the past two years I’ve started feeling an “attraction” towards ladies. I don’t know if I would date girls or if it’s just sexually/appreciating good-looks. Or maybe it’s just teenage hormones.

I think I might also have a slight crush on my best friend. Which of course, is always frustrating…

I know there is no actual reason to label yourself, but I get so confused.

Anybody said 9 years, 8 months ago:

The same thing happened to me. It’s like, I swear I used to be straight at some point, but now I can’t stop noticing cute girls. I’m still working on finding a label for myself too. I guess I’m bisexual, but somehow it doesn’t feel right to call myself that, especially because I’m not sure how much I like guys anymore.

Also, I feel you on having a crush on your best friend. It’s hard. If you know for sure that your friend is straight, the only thing to do is wait out the feelings.

Emily said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I’m in the same boat as you!! I have a crush on my best friend who is a girl even though I am “straight”. Don’t beat yourself up about it or anything. I think women in general are just beautiful, lustrous creatures and it’s natural to feel attracted to them. Maybe you could try dating a girl for awhile, to see if you feel a romantic connection or if it’s purely sexual.

Also, it’s okay to say “I don’t know” when someone asks about your sexuality!! Don’t feel obligated to commit to a label! Just sayin’! :)

Kyra said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I’m interested in guys in the sense that i wanna marry one and grow old and live life with one but at the same time i think about girls a lot sexually.. So i guess i know what youre going through.

OpenTalk said 9 years, 7 months ago:

While most teenagers tend to become a bit curious when they are younger, most gender theory would suggest that we all exist on a sliding scale of omnisexuality (meaning that how much we are attracted to any one sex (or non-binary) will vary person to person).

My advice is to simply accept that you like what you like. There’s nothing wrong with sexual chemistry between you and someone of the same gender. It is perfectly natural. Just make sure that you express that desire with someone you trust in a safe space.

GlasgowGrins said 9 years, 7 months ago:

You can always experiment. I know it sounds weird, but it does actually help. I struggled with my sexuality for a long time going between straight to bisexual and eventually to where i am today: pansexual. But I found that you need to figure out if your feelings are truly sexual attraction, or just non-sexual attraction. You can think someone is attractive and not want to be sexual with them. It will take time to figure out what you want to label yourself as, but remember you dont have to! No one has to label themselves. Experiment is always a good thing to try, it helps you understand your feelings. It is not an easy process, and there will be hurtful people who are biphobic. Do not listen to them. You just need time hun <3

Beezie said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Curiosity is good. Accepting your curiosity is even better. I didn’t realize I was “bisexual” until I was in my twenties. I way I like to see it is that I am attracted to people for a variety of reasons (eg. looks, brains, attitude), but their sex/gender isn’t one of them. To me, sex/gender is a complete non-factor.
I feel like a lot of questioners here may be young, and I’m not discrediting your experiences because of your youth. Just don’t be too quick to label yourself or fit yourself into a category. Curiosity is natural. But I think the most important thing is to accept your curiosity-push it’s boundaries, play with it. Doing that will help you figure out who you are.