mariko said 8 years, 7 months ago:

So I’m a virgin, I’m 20 years old.
Everyone I kow lost their virginity already. I didn’t because I know what I want, I want to lose it with someone I actually love. However sometimes… I feel “pure”, I feel like I’m an angel of the lord , because people get shocked when I say I’m a virgin (which I have no problem admiting it).
Is it that wrong to wait for someone? I always saw sex as something intimite that you should share with someone you love.
But I guess I’m way too old for being a virgin? Personally I find this idea ridiculous, but so many people had made comments that I can’t help but wonder deep down.. what are you guys opinions? Is there a “limit” age to lose the virginity? Is it normal being a virgin with 20 years old nowdays?
I’ve been so self concious that I even wondered to ask a very close friend to have sex with me so I could lose it.. which totally goes against my morals… Please tell me your opinions. Thank you.

Hayden said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Everybody is different. For some people, their virginity matters to them, while for others, it doesn’t.
Some people prefer to wait until marriage, some want to be in love with the person first, some want to wait until a certain age, and for others it just doesn’t matter.
When it comes to your virginity nowadays, I really don’t think there is a “norm” for it. Try not to feel self-conscious just because you’re 20 years old and still a virgin, because that’s completely okay, and you’re still really young anyway. What matters is that you know what you want; you want to wait to lose it to someone you love, so you shouldn’t go against that. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that or with waiting for the right person.
Just because people you know have lost their virginity doesn’t mean you have to be like them too, especially if it goes against what you truly want. Be YOU. Do what YOU want to do.
So take your time. If you want to wait for somebody, don’t force it upon yourself.

Thank you @devilndisguise , your answer made me feel alot better. I can actually wait and not feel bad about it. Once again, thank you :)

Hayden said 8 years, 7 months ago:

@marikofujimoto
You’re very welcome. :) I’m glad I could help!

ISG said 8 years, 7 months ago:

I agree very much with Haydon…

And to be honest I have a deep respect for you. The fact that you were able to make this choice then have the will to adhere to it.

Well perhaps i feel that way because i share the same belief as you.. You are not the only 20 year old virgin by choice :P

@isg001 thank you so much :) Makes me happy I’m not the only one

ISG said 8 years, 7 months ago:

Hehe awesome, glad you are :) . You @marikofujimoto are definitely not alone in this… I have quite a few friends/acquaintances, both girls and guys who share this ideal as well. Some of us even have partners but choose not to have it yet.

Jay-Rye80 said 8 years, 6 months ago:

You are totally normal in this…I was 20 when i ended up losing my virginity. Abstaining simply, because I didnt want it to be meaningless. To me, sex is/was something incredibly special. And I knew it would be worth waiting for and i wanted to share it with someone that held it in the same regard as I did. I found that person at 18 and waited almost 2 years before we BOTH felt the time/place/relationship was right. That person and I were together for 6 years.

I still at 35, think of sex with the same “reverence” , which is NOT the same as popular opinion. My second relationship lasted 4.5 years, and we waited a year before we had sex. And now it’s been 10 years since. And ive remained abstinent just as long, because the couple short relationships ive had in between, werent right, in whatever fashion.

When the time comes, the person that respects you enough, to wait..is the one worth considering.

I hope this helps