Jess said 10 years, 8 months ago:

(Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*gender, or Queer (umbrella term for not straight sexualities).

When do you realize that you were either not straight or not cisgender?

I feel like I discovered a bit late, but it’s probably average.

I started questioning when I was 15, and probably completely realized when I was 16. I wish I figured it out a littler earlier though. Sometimes I get flashbacks to my childhood and be like “yep, there’s a sign”, “there’s another sign”, “wtf man another how did i not figure out earlier”.

What about you?

SaraSue said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I knew when I was 16. It hit me like a freight train but I don’t know why, because looking back at my childhood, there are so many signs like you said. However, I pushed it all into the back of my mind and ignored everything I felt. I didn’t want to believe it. It was the end of freshman year in college that I thought about it again and accepted it. That was a year and a half ago and I couldn’t be happier about it!

Finis said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’ll be 18 soon and I’m still not sure what i am.When i used to play house when i was little i always was the father(im a girl though) and when we played with dolls(teddy bears mostly) i always played a male character.I did’t like barbies and if i had to play with a female i chose the child most cases.I didn’t see it wrong for a girl to be with a girl or a boy to be with a boy.I kinda act more masculine than lady like to this day.I am attracted to boys and sometimes girls,but the latter thought I dont let go too wild…I think I’m trying to be,to chose straight,and i would’t come as bi to anyone… even myself?o_O

catcrabs said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I knew I wasn’t straight when I fell for my best friend at elementary school. In middleschool I had many same-sex crushes. Though, I was attached both to female and males, It wasn’t in a sexual way, but mostly platonic and romantic.

It was a year or two ago, when I met a FTM and we became friends. He teach me about the LGBT community One day I found information about genderqueers and agenders, and as I continued reading I understood that it really speaks to me. Since then, I’m proud about my gender.

I found out about my sexuality when talking to an asexual friend of mine. They came out to me as an asexual and I wasn’t sure what they mean so I googled it and tried to find trustworthy information. One of the text was talking about demisexuality too, and I felt like it describes me very well. After that, I got support from the closest friends I had and felt more confident about labeling myself as a demisexual agender.

Sonette said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I was probably the most sexually and romantically oblivious person until 10th grade. But it was in middle school when I realized that apparently girls are attracted to boys because of their bodies and body parts. Only parts I liked was when there were really pretty eyes or hair.
This was basically when I was in 6th grade. I had had no idea that it was okay to not be straight. After the sex ed class where they finally explained that a boy’s wiener was more than just a short peeing hose. I was disgusted and truly wondered why female would want to have that happen to them. I then discovered via the internet that there were people who were gay, bi and such. People who weren’t straight. I have only recently become more comfortable and accepting of myself and my sexuality since I got a lot of teasing for it at first and had felt like it was a bad thing to be gay.

Jay said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I knew I was bi when I was thirteen. I was just like “Woah. WoahwoahWOAH. Back up the truck. When did this happen?” and everyone I know is okay with it. I knew I was trans this year too, thirteen. The more I thought, the more sense all my jumbled, crazy, weird feelings made. Now I’m here.

uglyfairy said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I used to always say I was straight, and then my friends would tell me “You’re not straight if you wanna make out with girls.” “You’re not straight if you look at pictures of girls and think they’re hot.” “You’re not straight if you have a crush on a girl.” I genuinely thought that I was just an open-minded straight person, if that makes sense. Like I thought my friends were just really prude or something for not being somewhat interested in girls, too. Plus, I have a lesbian friend who is completely disgusted by penises. And, obviously I’m not! I’m not confused about my sexuality anymore, but I don’t really prefer to label it. I like girls, and I like boys, but I do think that I have developed stronger emotional connections with boys. Whether I like boys more, or I just haven’t met the right girls yet~ I don’t know. I don’t think sexuality needs labels. If one applies to you that’s good, but if not so what, y’know? I would say I really discovered myself more this past year. So age 17!!

freakysheep Lauren said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I can’t say for sure yet but I don’t know I am. I don’t really think gender is all that different like it all blends into one for me and if I like you I like you tough luck elsewise. One sign I do know is that my first kiss was with a girl but that was back in primary school.

Charlie said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I think I was 12 years old when I started to notice guys as much as I do with women. I never thought much of it, and I guess I still don’t, but I’ve accepted my bisexuality though never really labeled myself as bisexual until my friends told me that’s what I am…

Myah said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I started questioning my sexuality when I was in 7th grade when I developed a crush on my female classmate.When I first figured out I liked girls I was really mad at myself and hated myself.I did a lot of research (which helped a lot) and began to understand that I’m not alone. Long story short I began telling my friends this year (I’m a 9th grader now) and I am very happy. I am very active in my schools GSA and things are going pretty good :)

TheQueen said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Well, I was pretty young, actually. Only thirteen. I remember taking photos on my grade eight camp of this girl I thought was cute. She ended up being my first kiss, actually. I thought of myself as bisexual until recently, when I discovered there a more sexualities than I thought. I now consider myself pansexual, and I am dating a bisexual girl.

Jai said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I knew I was trans/gay at 7. It was a hard time for me.. all my friends where boys and I didn’t know how’d they react, so i kept it all in till recently. So now ‘m transitioning and crushing on this gender queer named Vuro.

Storm said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Mine happened over a span of years as I realized “I can be what I want”
When I was 11 or 12 I realized I was panromantic (No one had educated me that there were genders outside the binary, or the difference between -sexual and -romantic, so at the time I identified as bisexual)
When I was 14 pansexual was explained to me, and I realized that was the word I’d been looking for.
about 6 months after that, I found the difference between -sexual and -romantic, and that it was alright that I was cool being in a relationship with any gender, but didn’t really want to have sex with anyone. Panromantic asexual.
And about 10 months after that, at 15, I was finally solidly introduced to non-binary genders, and that it was totally cool that I was a guy some days and a girl others and something in between most of the time. Which brings me to the long winded conclusion of Panromantic asexual genderfluid.

langyue said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I started wondering about my sexuality when I was in sixth grade, and it wasn’t until I found a video on Youtube that I found out I was trans. In another sense, though, I feel like I’ve always known. There’s always been something just a little bit different, a little bit wrong. It just took me awhile to find out what that was.

Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I think I started really, REALLY questioning myself at around 12. Looking back on my life before that, I notice there were some…”signs,” so to speak. Like, here’s one sign! Oh, there’s another!

However, I think it’s once I kind of learned about some things about myself when I was 12 that catalyzed it all for me. It was when I figured out I didn’t just like girls…but also guys. (This was, by the way, sometime either during or after sixth grade.) Then later on, in seventh grade (I was still twelve back then), my best friend (whom I’ve known since fourth grade) used a word I had recently (at the time) learned the concept of: bisexual. More specifically, she said that after she explained the phrase “I don’t go that way” to me.

Seventh grade was also the time I started to develop feelings for guys. I’d also, earlier/later on, developed feelings for girls as well. In retrospect, I know this to be a tried and true case: I’m attracted to both women AND men. Not equally, but I know I still fit the criteria of “bisexual.”

So, bisexual I am! And I went through the phases of questioning myself after 12 as well (I questioned myself once again a few months ago). But then I remember who I was/am attracted to and it falls back into place for me! I’m that bisexual guy!