Jess said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Marriage equality has taken huge steps in the last couple of years, and I’m glad I’ve been able to witness and experience it.

Unfortunately, in Australia, it’s not legal, but one of the major political parties is in support of it for the first time ever and has promised it, but I’m not getting my hopes up to be honest.

Is it legal where you live? Is it being considered?

Deleted User said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Im from CT and happy to say it is legal here, but till not fully accepted. Im straight but believe that sexuality and privacy should be related more closely in the sense of political discourse and banter. Its ridiculous that in thi9s day and age with all our great technologies and acomplishments we’ve achieved that some are still hung up on what someone else does in the privacy of there own bedroom, as if it had some direct impact on their life.
Not to mention that it sets a bad example for the future generations when we raise children to think that this could or could not be right, its as easy to see as civil rights and the suffrage movement in the 20th century which is a no brainer when considered today and hopefully will be looked at in the same light as those issues, 50 years from now

lovely stranger said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Well, I’m from INDIA. Do I need to say more? -_- People are afraid to come out of closet.

nonie said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I’m in Ireland so we have “civil partnership” for same sex couples. Thing is, its not true marriage equality as there are gaping aspects neglected such as child custody and inheritance. We’re taking tentative baby steps but its moving too slowly … I wanna be able to get married goddammit ! :]

Jess said 10 years, 7 months ago:

With the election over, and the worse party is power, there’s no hope in the near future for Australia to legalize same-sex marriage.

jeffory said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Ahh I was going to mention Australia because it was relevant :P Really is a disappointing set back.

friendzone08 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Unfortunately its not legal from where I am. That resulted to ending a 5year amazing relationship. :(

Charlie said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Even though same-sex relationships are not frowned upon, hated, or what-not, here in my country, same-sex marriage is still not allowed. Which is strange considering how open our public and media are, with showing off came-sex couples…

It’s like,
“You’re a wonderful gay couple!” They’d say with full, heartfelt words…

And then they’d drop the bomb with,
“Don’t you even think about getting married!” They’d say it with as much hate as humanly possible…

I may be being over-dramatic about it but that’s basically it…

Alvana said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I hope it becomes legal here in my lifetime. One of the most important people in my life needs that, for his happiness and well-being…

ann_other1 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Yep, legal here. Finally.

jeffory said 10 years, 7 months ago:

@ann_other1: Where is here?

Vickie said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’m located in Georgia (U.S) and it isn’t even close to being allowed here. People still can’t get over that Obama is president, let alone being forward and open. People here think they need to be controlling because their ancestors “founded America”. Let’s just say that a policemen had my friend arrested because a “f*ggot” touched him. They are the people that help run things so things will never change here. I can’t wait to move this summer.

RiverSong said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Unfortunately here in Tennessee not only is same sex marriage not legal, you can actually be fired for being homosexual. Straight up. No other reason. Here’s hoping that equality is a possible future.

Montblanc said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Here in Massachusetts it is most definitely legal and accepted and I am quite happy for that. I tend to feel quite bad for people who are not as fortunate as to be born here or a similar place.

Birdie said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’m from Massachusetts, too! If I remember correctly, MA was the first state in the USA to legalize same-sex marriage, and at least in the area I live (around Boston), people are very open-minded and casual about it, which is great:] Honestly, it’s weird traveling around the country and encountering other individuals who aren’t used to homosexuality at all: definitely a culture shock:O