Quercus robur said 9 years, 1 month ago:

okay well this may not be useful but I’m gonna post here anyway as I’d like to feel I’ve said it somewhere.

I am straight as far as I know… but there is honestly nothing else about me sexually that is simple…

I don’t quite fit into categories of asexual or demi sexual.

I have a strong need to find someone attractive but this doesn’t really happen anymore.
I’m pretty sure it did when I was younger. Its like a feeling nearly there. like a word on the tip of your tongue. but it doesn’t happen even if the hottest girl is right in front of me

I do have a sex drive and a need for connection… a need for sex too… which obviously leaves me constantly frustrated on all levels.

Somewhere back in time a lot of other feelings for life left as well, which I feel may have been because of this. So I don’t feel a lot anymore.

Anatomically everything works correctly and I am not clinically depressed.
Other than the direct problems that I mentioned, I don’t go worrying about it more than I have to.

I guess that makes my sexual identity literally and categorically ‘confused’.

I would be fine with this were it not for the myriad of things it basically prevents me from feeling.

I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing or if it is something that can change.

I do hope so.

Blu Weir said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I guess it’s just a case of giving it time. Although it does sound confusing, I’m pretty sure it will settle. I had a friend who experienced much the same, it was just a little dip in libido I guess. He’s a “well functioning” pansexual now , so there’s still plenty of hope !

All the best

subliminallysublime said 9 years ago:

Have you considered looking into agender or nonbinary gender identities? I kind of feel the same way but not so much to the point of neutrosis.

Agender is tied to asexuality for alot of people. Some asexuals also still have a sex drive and some even still masturbate.

Asexuality is also not a guarantee of aromanticism btw.

AVEN is a great forum to ask around if you think thats it.

best of luck =)

subliminallysublime said 9 years ago:

Asexuality is also not a guarantee of aromanticism btw.