Deleted User said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Hello, I’m best known as Halmherd.
I’m 15, female-to(wards)-male transgender.
To-be-psychologist, therefore I love to listen and talk as well.
If there’s anyone in need for help or just an exchange of words, please feel free to post here.

Princen said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I am also a 15 year old trans* kid! I was assigned female at birth and I don’t really see myself as completely a guy just something kind of close to that and even then my gender kind of changes. It’s pretty fluid, but it stays within an…area? If that makes sense sorry! It’s all very confusing. I know I’m not a girl, but I don’t know what I am?

You might be somewhere underneath the Trans* Umbrella!
Genderqueer (a.k.a. non-binary), genderfluid (sometimes this, sometimes that), agender (none) or even both at the same time.
I myself have some fluid tendencies but I’m for sure on the male side of the “gender spectrum”.
Just don’t worry about it. Queer is cool. No one is actually 100% something – well they might say they are but, uhm, trust me, they’re not.
Just embrace your identity. :)

Princen said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Haha yeah I identify as nonbinary. There are other terms that I use, like pangender, demiguy, genderfluid, nonbinary boy/person, but unless I’m not trying to describe it in depth I just use nonbinary!

Yup. So much easier lol.
I’m stalking you on Tumblr,

hope you don’t mind.

RyanFromRiannon said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Ik I’m kinda sliding into that convo bubble y’all have goin on but I just wanna ask this, was it really hard to tell someone about your set thought or was it super easy, cuz I’m scared to tell people.

WingWongLee said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’m not allowed to even think about it. Quite frankly I do. I don’t really like being a girl,sometimes I put on sort of drag king attire and take pictures and it makes me happy,I feel more myself in drag. I’m not sure if I’d like to perminantly transition into being a guy,since I’m young I’ll have to figure it out some more but what I do know is I don’t want to be a girly girl. I like dressing like a guy,and I use male-derogatory terms (asshole not bitch and when I act feminine I refer to myself as a fag,though I disagree with the term when it refers to gay men it’s complicated). I would like to talk to more people who are transgender or who crossdress maybe especially FTM because it might help me figure this shit out!

Jenn said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Help. I had a huge epiphany the other day. Gender is a social construct. Simplified, gender is not a real thing. Society defines what gender is through implications. I don’t like “boy stuff” or “girl stuff” or “feel like a boy” or “feel like a girl” because boy and girl are ways to identify genitalia not ways of thinking. This helped me immensely, because I realized that all this confusion surrounding me “feeling like a boy” because I like more “boy stuff” than “girl stuff” was just a bunch of societal bs and that I’m allowed to like whatever I want and it has nothing to do with the fact that I have a vagina and that my vagina does not make the decisions. It would be easier for uninformed people to identify you if you “look like a girl” but how does one look like they have a vagina because there are plenty of boys who look like girls but identify as boys and vice versa. On the other hand, I totally feel like I should have been born with a penis. TL;DR: I feel like I am the wrong sex not the wrong gender because what the fuck is a gender anyway if it’s a societal construct and I also have a whole lot of feels
Also I think I’d be genderfluid/non-binary because some days I’m like AW YEAH FEMALE and then other days I’M like male please thank you but also gender is not real?!?!????helpmeee

Princen said 10 years, 2 months ago:

YEAH I get you gender is weird and confusing. Biological sex is not gender in any way. It’s honestly really frickin dumb that when a baby is born a doctor looks between their legs and is like “IT’S A BOY” or “IT’S A GIRL” or “IT’S INTERSEX SO LET’S PERFORM INVASIVE SURGERIES ON IT WITHOUT IT’S CONSENT THAT WILL OFTEN TIMES LEAD TO FUTURE MEDICAL PROBLEMS” Why don’t we just raise kids equally and let them gravitate to whatever clothes, mannerisms, hairstyles, jobs, pronouns, labels, names, lifestyles, etc. etc. that just feel natural to them??? Like…nothing bad can ever come out of that, but forcing people into certain roles and identities that more often than not don’t completely work with them is just…really shitty. I get very passionate about this sorry haha.

SweetRosie said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Helloo, I’m Jae.

I’m FtM ever since I was little.
I thought it was a phase but overtime I realized it really isn’t.
I’m not even close to female; I’m strong, like to rough house, etc.
I don’t like boobs, or vajayjay; boobs and vajayjay make me nauseated, let alone periods.

I get so sick when I look in the mirror and see a girl and when people address me she, her, and girl.
Then I have a C size chest and I feel so uncomfortable with it, I tried a lot of binding with tape but its a pain in the butt.

I like men only though.

I don’t know how to act around girls, or in other words, I’m a girlphobic in a way.
I tried to date a girl, it didn’t work out.
Often I get upset that they’re happy with their gender while I’m here stuck at 17.
I feel like a gay man trapped in a female body.
I only like having long hair for I can do cool hairstyles.

I’m also asian, so it works sometimes to look like a man and often people question my gender because of my ethnicity, which is a yay?

My voice is semi-deep too so maybe my organs got messed when I was in womb? Or I at least like to think that’s what happened.

My parents just think I’m a tomboy but I’m definitely more than just a tomboy.

I want the full surgery done, top and bottom, everything.

I heard its possible to get the hormone therapy done at an early age for the surgery? But I don’t know how or where to I go for it.
They say they only do it for early age when they are completely sure its what they want.

I’ve only come out to my close friends.. I haven’t came out to my parents because they’re major hypocrites. They support everyone else, but I tested the waters and asked what would they do if one of their daughters or son wanted to change their gender and they’ve said they’d disown them so I haven’t came out to then.

I’m subtlety transitioning though.

Even without hormones, I have the natural jawline of a man, and voice.

As with everyone else here, it is very hard.

:c

Princen said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Hi Jae! If you’re under the age of 18 you have to have parental consent to get hormones. Transitioning used to be really expensive, and can still be, but now insurance can pay for a lot of it. Normally you’ll need to see a therapist to get a letter of recommendation for hormones, and or surgery. Top surgery normally happens a while after you’ve been on hormone so your chest has a nicer shape, and I honestly don’t know a lot about bottom surgery.

http://www.ftmguide.org/

melissayoung said 8 years, 6 months ago:

A friend of mine is planning to get an ftm surgery from a clinic in Mississauga ( http://www.ftmtopsurgery.ca/ftm-procedures/periareolar-keyhole-incision/ ) . She had a consultation with the surgeon last week and most of her doubts regarding the surgery were cleared. I’m so excited, so as she! Hope she would have a successful surgery.

Minnow said 8 years, 6 months ago:

To be honest, I’m so confused with my gender. Personally, I’m okay with LGBT if people don’t really try to play on it, but I never thought I would start drifting into the transgender spectrum myself. I have what I like to call “Transgender Tendencies”, where even though I am a female and I am pretty okay with being so, I will take part in doing a lot of male-only activities, and sometimes just feeling like a man in general. It’s starting to really take an emotional toll on me, and I kind of want it to stop. I can’t talk to my friends about it because they are pretty against the whole LGBT thing (I live in a small town in the south, you can’t get around it here). What do I do?

Protoss said 8 years, 6 months ago:

Way late to the convo, but I’m also very confused with my gender. I’m in a very happy relationship with a man. I love being girly, but at the same time, I feel like I should be more manly. I like dresses, but I also like to cross dress and look like a man. I don’t know what to do with myself. I’ve considered a sex change, but I’m not sure that’s what I want. What should I do?

Hayden said 8 years, 6 months ago:

@samsal

Firstly, be yourself.
If you sometimes want to dress more masculinely, that’s okay, and if other times you want to dress more femininely, that’s okay, too.
It’s possible you’re genderfluid, which is why your stance tends to change.
But either way, give it a lot of thought before making decisions on any physical changes. Seeing a therapist/gender therapist could really be a good idea, too, to help you figure it out more easily.

~ Hayden, FTM.