Joana said 10 years ago:

What was the last time you felt the urge to hurt yourself but didn’t? Remember what kept you from doing it. Share it with us. Together we can recover (:

Deleted User said 10 years ago:

It helped me to think about how quickly things can change. There’s times when I’m miserable but I remember that things have been different and will be again.

jordan2198 said 10 years ago:

Something that stops me is when I think about the future. Self harm scars will stay with you forever. When you walk down the aisle, they’re still gonna be there. What makes me even more sad is what if you have kids when you’re older and your children ask you how you got the lines on your arms… Nothing will ever make it go away. It makes me wanna stop and never do it again knowing that I can create less and less a problem by stopping. That’s just my way, everyone else has different ways. :-)

Kristine said 10 years ago:

I just talk to one of my closest friends when I feel the urge to cut. He always seems just to help and the other thing is to get rid of everything you can cut with, if you don’t have anything to cut with then you can’t cut.

Caela Ritchie said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I made myself something and I’m calling it my “happy box”

I found a gorgeous fabric box and I’ve started filling it with somethings that make me happy, help distract me or give me a reason to stay strong. I have a few magazines, some scented candles (vanilla lavender) , my favourite bubble bath, CHOCOLATE, some of my favourite CD’s, an iTunes gift card and a few small fidget toys. I found a nice jar and I coated the inside with glue, and glitter, and inside I have slips of paper. Each one has a reason I wanted to quit, something I can do instead of hurting myself, and some people phones numbers so I can call them and they can help distract me.