Emily said 5 years ago:

I try not to self-harm because of the scars, but other than that I don’t have a reason to need to stop. I don’t ever cut deep because im too scared and I’m not suicidal (or have ever been) Honeslty its just a way for me to relieve stress. I don’t do it often (maybe once every 2-4 weeks?), so besides the fact that I now have scars I don’t feel the need to stop. But i kinda wanna stop because although my 2 best friends know, I don’t want anyone else to ever find out

Cass said 5 years ago:

Maybe another reason to want to stop is that nobody else will find out?

DJV93 said 5 years ago:

That seems like a lot of trouble for momentary satisfaction.theres a lot more risks than benefits in my honest opinion.

Hayden said 5 years ago:

Because, self-harming is never the answer. Hurting yourself is not worth it.
Cutting is a very temporary and unhealthy solution for relief, while instead you could do other things to help you relieve the stress for longer periods of time.
Trust me, I understand what you’re going through. It helps, I get that, but it isn’t okay and you need to stop.
Whether you cut deep or not, or are or aren’t suicidal, cutting is still a dangerous and risky thing to do. You could accidentally cut too deep, or your cuts could become infected. Or even worse, if you don’t stop now, there could come a day where the small cuts just don’t help anymore, so you go a little deeper and you keep going deeper as time passes, because that’s the only way it helps you.
I’m sure your friends want to see you quit it, too. They’re probably worried about you, because they care and know it isn’t a safe thing to do.
All-in-all, it’s just a dangerous path to go down, Emily. You need to stop now while you can, before the time comes when you can no longer do it on your own.

DoneWithSociety said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Because there are other ways to relieve stress and Its a waist of your beautiful skin <3