Deleted User said 10 years ago:

Alright well basically…I quit self harming over a year ago, it’s a long story on why and everything. Message me if you want to know I guess lol. But anyways, I stopped for over a year but a couple nights ago I did it again. Not many, just 4 and not deep at allll but it opened up a door. So I did it again a couple nights ago and I don’t want to do it anymore, but at the same time I do. I do have friends that care, but I can’t tell many of them because they’ll be so disappointed in me. Any help would be appreciated. I’m Joshua, and I’m 17 if that helps in any way?

MariahMakesMusic said 10 years ago:

I think its easier to take baby steps then just cut off of it completely. Maybe try some different methods? holding ice helps…write down your feelings on paper then rip it up, or set it on fire. I like taking a marker and writing my feelings on my body before i take a shower and watch it run down the drain and imagine all my feelings dissapearing. Maybe you should talk to someone, and dont be afraid of dissapointment or judgement, otherwise it bottles up and gets worse. hope this helps. (: im always here if you need me.

Deleted User said 10 years ago:

Always keep the knowledge that you stopped before, you can stop again. Something that I do is that I draw on myself with a red pen, it looks like cuts and kind of, I don’t know how to explain it, but it works for me. Some people might find it triggering though. Other things could be using an elastic band or, as @MariahMakesMusic suggested, hold ice and write things down.

I’m always here to talk to if you need somebody. :)

firebird said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hey Joshua. Would you like to share why you feel you cut again, after a year-long break? What was the trigger?