itsokaysammy said 3 years, 6 months ago:

So after hundreds of times of saying I’m going to stop, I need to mean it this time and succeed. There’s a relationship I’m in and I’m afraid that if I relapse one more time, she won’t be able to take it. She’s very empathetic and sensitive so every time I slip up it ruins her. I don’t mean to hurt her ever. But it doesn’t mean that I don’t. I need to stop for us. I don’t want to stop for me but for her. I’m scared of failure. And I’m terrified of losing her.

Silent Rain said 3 years, 5 months ago:

It can be difficult to stop harming yourself, but it isn’t impossible. Although it is good that you want to stop, there are a few concerning things. You say you want to stop for her, not for yourself. When it comes to self-harm, you have to want to stop for yourself, not for everyone else. When you try to stop to please others, while you’re actually not ready yet to stop, relapses will continue to happen. Relapses can always happen, even when you do choose to stop for yourself, but when you only want to stop for the ‘benefit’ of someone else, it won’t go well. You need to be ready to stop, for yourself. You have to actually want it. Someday hopefully you’ll want to stop for yourself. It’s good that she’s empathetic and sensitive towards you, and it is understandable that she’s hurt when you hurt yourself. She cares a lot about you, so it affects her too. Why do you feel the need to harm yourself? Harming yourself is an unhealthy coping mechanism. Replacing it by a healthier coping mechanism can help you to stop harming yourself. It takes time, but if you want it, you can make this happen. When you have a house, you wouldn’t burn it down, would you? So why destroy yourself? Your body is your home. No matter how many times you say you’ll stop, you have to want it first, for yourself.

melissayoung said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Yeah. I know how it feels. Letting go of something of really hard especially breakups. It would be better if you consult a psychiatrist or attend some counselling sessions.