goatghost said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I alredy posted this matter on another group:

http://blahtherapy.com/user-groups/pickersself-harm/forum/topic/is-this-remotely-normal/

This group has 6x the members, and I want to see some other opinions.
The first time I self harmed consciously, I did it because I was curious. I wanted to know how it felt, I wanted to know if it was true, what people said about it. Was it calming, the adrenaline, the it-makes-the-problems-go-away?
And so, things started evolving. The impulse got stronger. I would fantazise about burning my skin or cutting it, slowly, watching it bleed and infectate. Observe the irregularities on the skin. Apreciate the lingering feeling of the blade cutting deep, arousing me. And then, after the act, I would caringly clean the cuts or wounds and wrap them up, then sleep a peaceful sleep. So sedated and satisfied, just like if I had finished masturbating.
Why does this happend? Should I feel aroused like this?

Mariana said 9 years, 11 months ago:

It’s normal for people to feel curious about those things but it doesn’t makes it right to do it. I can understand you because about a year ago I felt that desire too. I cut myself once, only once and that made me realize that I didn’t need more pain coming from the outside.

goatghost said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I mean… Did you feel sexual stimuli when you did it? Did you feel “horny”? That’s my point. I want to know why I feel that way.

anonymous canadian said 9 years, 11 months ago:

While I didn’t/don’t gain any sexual pleasure from self-harming I think that would fall under the “masochism” category and if I remember correctly (I may not be) 20-30% of the population participate in some sort of sadomasochistic behaviour at some point. So it may not be all that abnormal to have that “fetish” it may also not be very healthy especially if it causes you some sort of distress.

*take anything I say with a grain of salt I am not a professional in this area in the slightest*