sad smiley said 7 years ago:

I’m not sure who to ask so I just do it here I guess. I made this mistake, I have these kinda fresh scars on my left arm and I have to work tomorrow, you have to wear this short sleeve t-shirt, what am I supposed to do? I know I could wear a long sleeve under it or a cardigan but you’re only allowed to wear one when its cold and its currently around 26 C (78.8 F) which is considered hot around here. Any tips?

The Curious One said 7 years ago:

maybe wear an armband or if you are really self aware of them bandage up your arm and say your (insert whatever animal you own here) scraped you or you cut it on something.

Garred Issacs said 6 years, 11 months ago:

The hardest thing about having scars is that people do see them, they do also come to the same conclusions about them as it is becoming an increasingly common occurrence (with both negative reactions and stereotypes unfortunately). In these situations I found that there are only two options, firstly is to hide them, use concealer, makeup, bracelets, long sleeves (This is more then often looked past then others think), the second is just to leave it and come to an understanding that these are what you have for the time being, and hopefully they will not be there in the future. The people around you will not always understand but you can for yourself and eventually understand why they are there and move past it. I’m not saying wear them proudly but more so accept that they are once a apart of your life and not always going to be. Try to remove the shame factor and self-consciousness as it will just push you further down that hole. But for now perhaps just try to see what as a person you can do for yourself, look at what you really feel about them and how you want things to change. Hopefully you can talk about it to people who have been in the same position. I myself have, and your more then welcome to discuss it here.