TheBrokenGlass said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Its been a year and a half since I started cutting and I really want to stop. I have tried to stop so many times in the past but every time I try to stop I end up selfharming in other ways, like hitting my self, or starving myself. I feel like I could use the help, and I was planing to send my old counselor an email. But What if I can stop by myself. I feel guilty i don’t want to waste their time on someone like me.
What If I don’t even need help. What if I’m just trying to seek for attention…What if my cuts aren’t serious enough for help. :/

SJayJay said 9 years, 1 month ago:

hey cutting is a big issue and you wont be wasting their time because you are not useless and besides thats their job and she will probably be happy to know that she helped you. Self harming doesnt take away the pain you feel inside you must resist the urge to do it. Its actually REALLY good that you stopped for a year and a half its really admirable how you were able to fight it. Remember take deep breaths and remind yourself why you dont want to do it. Everyone can actually stop themselves from self harm but everyone also needs help and theres nothing wrong with that

Deleted User said 9 years, 1 month ago:

If you were to tell your therapist that this is something that bothers you, they’ll reassure you of your need to be there. They want to help and you feeling worthless is something that needs to be addressed. Be open, be honest and tell them everything you’re scared or worried about, the more you inform them, the better they can help.

LhikariL said 9 years, 1 month ago:

you will never be a waste of their time! they are there to help you and they know that you’re not an attention seeker! good luck!!!!! i hope you stop for good and live a happy and cut free life!