Rain said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Before you start reading, I want to warn you all that this can be really triggering. If you went through abuse and/or you’re struggling, I urge you not to read this. I just want to let some things out because maybe that’ll feel like a relieve. It can also save me from explaining this over and over to a few people, though I warn every reader that this is more detailed. So please, if you can’t handle it, don’t read this.

I’ve been sexually abused from age 9 to age 14. It all started back at my mother’s house. It was a summer day and they were renovating the roof outside. A few family members were there to help. Back at that age, if I wanted to drink, I had to ask. I was thirsty so I asked to drink. My grandfather, my mother’s father, went inside with me to get me something to drink. I’ll never forget that day. He gave me a glass of milk. While I was standing there drinking, I felt something strange against my hand. I turned around and my grandfather stood there with his thing. I cried and ran away to the living room, where I went to hide myself between two closets. My grandfather walked up to me and he told me I couldn’t tell my parents. He told me if I would tell my parents that the police would take me away and bring me to a prison for children. He said they would lock me up in a special cage, like they lock up animals. It was supposed to be our secret. That day a part of me began to die. I was at my grandfather’s place every Wednesday after school, because on Wednesday there was only half a day of school. He often picked me up or was already waiting at my home to pick me up. I always refused to touch his thing because it made me want to vomit. He always touched me everywhere and sometimes he French kissed me, which really grossed me out. I still find French kissing gross, I can’t stand it and it’s one of my many boundaries.

Sometimes my chest was all blue and purple because he used to place his mouth there. As a child, I often used to bathe with my younger sister, who always asked me how my chest got so blue and purple. I made strange lies that I fell or something like that. Of all things I was the most grossed out by all the times my grandfather went down on me. I absolutely can’t stand anyone doing that, it’s my most absolute boundary. In relationships, some have tried, but as soon as they try, I push them away and I cry. Then I sit there hours crying without saying a word. When I was around 11 years old, my grandfather took me up to his room and undressed me completely. He French kissed me for a while and then he tried to rape me, but it turned out he was too old to have sex. Despite everything that has happened, I feel a bit lucky that he wasn’t able to rape me. There have been times where I would yell at him and take his phone while threatening I’d call someone to tell on him. During those times, he got angry while yelling back not to do that. One day at school I had a fever and they brought me to his place. Even then, he couldn’t keep his hands off my body. That day I cried and begged him to take me home. Sometimes my grandfather stood in front of me while masturbating, which also made me want to vomit.

When I was 14, on a certain Wednesday morning, I got up and my mother had a talk with me. She said that my sister told her while crying that our grandfather had took her hand a few times to put it in his pants. I didn’t knew what I was hearing. I had no idea he started things with my 4 years younger sister too. My sister was 10 when he was just starting things with her too. My mother explained that with my sister, all he did was put her hand in his pants. My sister was way more talkative than I am, so she didn’t stay silent about it. My mother asked if anything had happened to me. I froze and quickly mumbled that I had to go to school. That day at school I was pale white and people at school kept asking what was wrong. When I got home, the police was waiting. They took us to some place. I had to go first for being the oldest one. They placed me in a room in front of a camera. I felt like I wanted to die. I can’t even stand a picture being taken, so I definitely can’t handle a camera. There was a lady from the police who asked about my hobbies first, but I knew it was a trick to try to win my trust and to get me to talk. I got interrogated for nearly two hours and I didn’t say a word. That day was a hell for me. Afterwards I got to hear that my grandfather had told the police everything, while they used a lie detector. They also diagnosed him with schizophrenia.

Everything that happened got spread like a fire in my family. My father tried to talk to me about it once, but he acted like I was a child and I snapped at him. After that my father and stepmother never brought it up again. Sometimes I randomly share a few words and then they listen, but when I drop it they do too and that’s much better for me. My mother on the other hand handled it differently. My mother and her mother both asked the same questions. “Is it true you enjoyed it?” I was shocked. Apparently my grandfather truly believed I enjoyed all of it and therefore, my mother and grandmother believed that too. They also asked “is it true you asked him to go to his room to do things?” The memory of those questions still sickens me. I haven’t had contact with my mother and grandmother in a long while. Family or not, I feel a certain hate towards them and not just because of that, but also because of other things that have happened.

I also feel as if my mother and my grandmother are keeping something from me. I already found out they lied about one thing. When it all happened, they said it happened to my aunt too when she was a child. Her abuser was also my grandfather. So basically it never even had to happen, they should have known it or suspected it. Later when I tried to bring it up, they lied and said nothing happened to my aunt, that they made a mistake and that they were wrong, but later on they confessed that it was indeed true and that my aunt went trough the same things I’ve been through. My grandmother once told me that there was a secret about my mother and that my mother used to have a journal which my grandmother kept. I asked to know about it, but she told me she would tell me once I’d be old enough, but that I couldn’t tell my mother. She never told me. I believe that part of the family is hiding something. When I talk with my doctor, he suspects my mother has schizophrenia too, but I believe there’s much more. Once when I had a panic attack and lost it, she tried to give me anti-depressants, which makes me wonder how she even had those. I think my mother also went through something that she’s not telling. I feel bad that I never knew it had started with my younger sister too. I should have seen the signs. Sometimes when we were together at our grandfather and I went to the bathroom, my younger sister went with me. She never wanted to be alone with him. I should have known, I should have protected her. Our grandfather got a street order and he had to pay my sister and I a bit of money. That was it. My mother didn’t care about the street order, so even after all what happened, she still forced my sister and I to visit him whenever she did. How could she? If I would ever have children and if someone would do that to them, that person would be dead to me. Over a year ago, my grandfather died. My mother which I don’t have contact with in years, had the guts to contact me to ask to go to his funeral. I never responded. That day I called my father and stepmother. I told them that the only reason I’d ever consider going to his funeral would be to get another nail in his chest.

I buried my past and pretend mostly like it never happened, because I wish it wouldn’t have. Things would have been different if it wouldn’t have happened. When I’m in a relationship, I have so many boundaries and it’s complicated. For me it would even be more complicated to be with a girl, because of certain things. I realize this is a very long vent, but I just wanted to get this out. I feel disgusted because of all these things. It’s difficult to write this all out, but the most difficult thing is to actually verbally get it out. During my therapy, I’ll have to talk about it and relive it again. I just can’t understand how someone can do that. Definitely not from family. I can’t understand how someone can do that to his own granddaughters. I also don’t understand how a mother can force her children to still see their abuser. I had to get this out because it was eating me up inside. This is one of the many reasons why I want to die so badly.

Deleted User said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I fucking hate him. he was a liar and a thief wrapped up in a monsters body. I am willing to bet that your mother was abused as well. A sick pervert like that does not just wake up one morning and decide to be a peodphile. I am willing to bet that every single one of your emotional issues could have been avoided if your mother had come forward. There is nothing I can say or comfort that I can give you to make up for what was stolen from you. But I can offer love and compassion in whatever increment that you want it.

Y Z N said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Saying I am sorry isn’t enough. Hugging you I’d nothing compared to what you went through.
You’re a boss for cutting them off, people who do such awful things are like what you said, dead to you. Out. Forever. I wish I could do something to make you feel different, but I know I can’t. But as always, I’ll always be here for you. No matter what you feel, always remember that we are here to help you as best as we can. Blah is made for that, if it would help you, message me insults and swears, empty some awfulness on me.

I can’t imagine how hard it must have been to type this out for you, I know this isn’t something you would share and I have to thank you so so much for doing so.

I’m going to write my thoughts about what happened to you here, I know how hard this must have been for you to think about so I’m warning you here. If you want a break from writing this and don’t want to read anymore, don’t read this coming section and skip to the part with the stars (*). It’ll just be the one paragraph:

What your grandfather did was absolutely disgusting. First of all, the thought of anyone doing that to a girl so young is disgusting in itself, but he was related to you and so old? I’m so sorry this has left such a deep scar in you. It definitely sounds like your mother has gone through something similar because she is so insensitive about it. The questions that your mother and grandmother asked you definitely sound like something was going on there. It’s not fair for them to hide that from you at all. I remembered you saying that there are a lot of things you’d like to ask your mother but you can’t. I’m assuming this is part of it, I’m so sorry Rain. I know you’ve said in the past that you aren’t as strong as people think you are. It’s true that you can’t always be strong, but the fact that you pushed through this says something. Your younger sister confessed so fast, but you went through so much worse and stayed silent. I can’t believe that, it’s an awful thing. I honestly can’t say it enough, I’m sorry you have all of these scars that affect you. Things would have been different had it not happened, you’re right. But there are things we just can’t change, my friend. Even though you have boundaries in relationships, whoever is with you has to understand that you have reasons for that. They should always make sure you’re comfortable. I hate the thought of you crying for hours and hours because of these boundaries placed on you that aren’t even your fault. They’re scars that you have to work through for the rest of your life because of this man. I’m so so so so sorry for that. It’s not fair at all :( .

**that’s the end of my thoughts on what you wrote**

I know it must be hard for you to talk this through in therapy, I hope you make progress with this. I want you to be able to put this past you and live a happy life. You deserve so much better. I hate that you’d ever want to die because you shouldn’t have to feel like that. No matter what happens, you’ll always be Blah’s @little-angel-2. I know I can’t take away any of the scars or pain, but the least I can do is be there along the way. I wish only the best for you, my stille zus.

Sharing this must have been really hard, and the person who did this to you is absolutely vile, the blame for this lies entirely with them and I wish so much that you’d never had do go through this. Nobody has the right to do that to you, and it’s absolutely disgusting that he thought it was okay to. Like Ed said, maybe that happened to your mother too and she was scared of him, but if she had her suspicions and even after she knew, there’s no where he should have been let anywhere near you. It’s okay to cut off those people who are unhealthy to you, just as family can be made up of people outside it, people who are biologically family don’t always feel like it. Those were insensitive questions to ask given the traumatic nature of what you’ve been through. You stayed silent for so long, and that must have been unimaginably hard. You’re not to blame, you had no idea this was happening to your sister to and even then the responsibility doesn’t rest on your shoulders. He chose to do this and he is beyond sick, I wish he’d never gotten anywhere near you. I know there’s no way of changing the past, however much we want to, and reliving those memories would be hard, but you’ll have my support every step of the way.

DJ111 said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I wish for all people who rapes to burn in hell forever… I really do!

Rain I don’t know how to tell you the words I feel. I always came from a conservative family. Such a ploy from a family member at a person almost seems impossible. If I could rewind time so those kind of things would never have to happen I would gladly do so in a heart beat. You were a child, a kid, and adolescent like my younger brother the kind who probably liked playing, won over people with their smile, brightened the world for just existing, endured to protect the ones you loved, naïve and unselfish. How could such a thing be allowed, how could someone have so close to you someone you trust and look to for wisdom do such a thing. I don’t care if it was due to mental illness. But that’s perversion and that’s sick it brings bile to my throat just thinking about it. You didn’t deserve that you didn’t deserve to be touched. you deserved to be happy, you deserved to be like any other child frolicking through the fields no worries and concerns in your mind. No body deserves that kind of treatment. How you endured for so long is a mystery to me. If anything you have the right to be angry at the world, angry at the capacity of such sickness to exist in humanity to be able to corrupt another’s mind, body, and spirit. Don’t be like that to yourself what could you have sensibly done for your sister anyways when you didn’t know any better when you were suffering from such pain and no one sheltered you or kept it from taking place. How could they have not seen the signs what warped their mind so much to unknowingly or knowingly let it happen sickness, trauma. Some questions seem so hard to answer. How could a mother or grandmother ask their child whether they enjoyed getting abused. Were they abused so much as well they escaped so far from reality that they drew it of as a pleasurable experience to cope? Is there even a point in my deliberating. How. This is not right its never right. Right now you have shown so much courage to bring to light issues that perhaps others abused have thought about and for that I can’t be more than thankful to you for although I know it must have been extremely hard. If only your burden of bettering your pain could be jointly shared and dealt with by all of humanity if only it could be removed. I don’t know what to tell you perhaps my mouth was better left shut because its driven me speechless and my throat seem dry and cut.

Your parents had no right to withhold data and it unfortunate that the experiences/ history and medical data of our ancestors or relatives are so withdrawn from our own hands due to confidentiality agreements. Its sham you have to see her or find her journal if ever wishing to find out the whole sorry from the reluctant sharer who may have also experienced the same trauma. If only you could ask your aunt. I wish I knew the appropriate solution for you. I am glad you are going to the therapist ad working things out and coming to terms with happened in your own way to move on and I can’t help but wish you the best of luck with that. You have been so kind and affectionate on this site despite that matters that have occurred when I would probably feel anything but bitterness. You are a great person in that sense and you have courage in the sense that you could share it and allow us to partake in your vulnerability. If you ever want to release anything you have the right to do so and you are always so thoughtful by noting this maybe triggering. I really wish you all the best in your endeavours and I wish I could be of help in anyway that I could. I am so sorry that any of this had to happen you I wish I could take it all away and make it just like an impossible nightmare that could not exist. You deserve happiness Rain I wish you could get more than you need. But it won’t be wishes it must come true.

Rising said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I don’t have anything to add really except I agree with all of the above and just to tell you how proud I am of you for sharing this and I hope venting it helped a little bit.
Breaking the silence can help for it to loose it’should power. My words are few but you deserved better and you have every right to cut anyone out of your life who has wronged you in such a way.
I support you and you know how to contact me if you ever need to vent. I support you!