Lilium said 10 years, 8 months ago:

Highly controversial, what do you think? This thread is simply so that I may dispel lies about this glorious quit smoking resource. Post fears, post what youve heard, post something positive, I can tell you exactly whats in it and exactly what your body binds to and keeps verses lets go in the form of vapor.

mischaracterize said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’ve never tried e-cigarettes, but they seem to work for some people. In my opinion if you’re still putting nicotine into your body by sucking on something it’s pretty much the same thing as smoking cigarettes. It’s just that the e-cigarette is less harmful.

Also, for those who want to quit forever, including quitting the e-cigarette eventually… you will eventually have to stop putting nicotine into your body. I don’t like to idea of using something like the patch or a nicotine gum because if I’m still putting nicotine into my body, I will still have to go through nicotine withdrawal eventually.

The idea of quitting smoking is to stop smoking cigarettes/putting nicotine into your body. My preferred method is cold turkey.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

cold turkey only way to go! you get the smokers flu and all that, but the real test is not getting on it again. if you can make the first 4 days i think you can quit for a good 3 months, you need a substitute though, i like munching on carrot sticks x.x

Broken 1 said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I have been using e cigs for nearly 2 years. I had bronchitis for nearly 3 years before I started vaping. My lungs have gotten about 85% better using e cigs and I feel wonderful. Using an e cig isn’t cheating! It’s finding a less harmful way to get your nicotine fix. I could never quit my e cigs but why would I want to as good as I feel now? I was a 2+ pack a day smoker and I quit accidently with e cigs. If anyone has a hard time quitting cigs they should definitely consider e cigs. It could save your life.

e cigs is cheating. First, there is not nearly enough long term research done into it. Second your still pumping yourself with nicotine.
If you really want to quit physically and mentally, you have to stp all intake, i guess your at a stage where its become like a life support to you, buts it still not to late.
I think use e cigs, to gradually quit, but you have to quit, just changing the medium is still cheating.

Did you know that many of the vegetables you eat contain nicotine? Did you know that nicotine it’s self is only as harmful as caffeine? Should we all stop drinking coffee? I don’t know why some people cannot stand the thought that we vapers found a guilt free short cut to having our cake and eating it too. It’s a wonderful thing! Did you know that one of the main ingredients in e liquid has been pumped into the ventilation systems in many hospitals for years and years to help kill germs because it is very safe to inhale? It’s the same base used in medical inhalers. I have tried every avenue to quit smoking and failed. So have millions of other people. Millions of people who cannot quit will die because of smoking real cigs. Now they have a less harmful way to get their nicotine. These people including myself would still be smoking cancer sticks if it were not for e cigs. The only people who have a problem with e cigs are the people who are either uninformed or loosing money due to the loss of taxable cig sales. Many doctors are thrilled about their patients using e cigs because it works. As far as still cheating yes I am! I am cheating death while still getting my fix. I am proud of that. I think it’s smart!

man i used to smoke 20+ “cancer sticks” a day too, so i totally get where you coming from.
e cigs is cheating in everyway coz its let you continue your addiction, and that will always lead to the cigarette one day or another.
Your relation of cigarettes to coffee is completely illogical. Caffeine is a smart drug/ nootropic, nicotine in the long run fucks up your nerves and muscles. Besides, herbal tea is coming back in a big way.
i think e cigs just another industry that has come up to deliver a people another fix.
The only way to quit is cold turkey, once you go cold turkey enough times and have suffered the severe withdrawl for 1-2 weeks, it makes you quit for life.
Most people dont have the mental capacity to quit, coz of stress, job, alcohol they use it as crutch to make time go by, infact nicotine causes stress i would say and sleepless nights.
Again like i said theres not enough research done on the long term for e cigs, but quitting over e – cigs anyday man, i think bronchitis should have been a good wake up call, especially considering how long you suffered.

SOME PEOPLE CANNOT QUIT. You did so now you think everyone can. I will not ever go back to cigs unless my e cigs are unavailable. Cigs taste and smell nasty to me now. I would only go back if big gov makes me by outlawing e cigs. I feel as if they have a gun to my head. I am so happy for you that you were able to quit but it’s just not a reality for everyone. Do you think people want to die from smoking. If they could quit they would. I have quit for as long as 5 months before and still started smoking again so please don’t tell me that the nic fits go away for 3 months for everyone. That’s just crap. You are only one person.

Kitta said 10 years, 1 month ago:

I like the e-cigs. I’m a nurse and I know a lot about the hazards of cigarettes, and I have high hopes for the e-cig thing.

First off, like what was previously pointed out, nicotine is everywhere. Also, it’s chemically similar to caffeine – the only really confirmed effects of nicotine is that it is a stimulant and can cause an increase in blood pressure (just like caffeine.) Cigarettes cause all sorts of nasty things because of the hot ‘tar’ it deposits in your lungs and the preservatives and chemicals added to the cigarettes to up the shelf life. E-cigs have nothing but some water and nicotine, and flavoring if you wish. I think it’s a great alternative.

I love smoking. I hate the fact that it has bad long term effects and that it has given me a nasty chronic cough, but I love the act of smoking. It’s relaxing to me, it’s a social thing because I hang with smokers, it’s great after sex, etc. Switching to the e-cigs cured my cough and fixed some of the breathing issues. When I tried to quit cigarettes I had GI problems (nicotine stimulates your digestive track) and I gained weight that I’ve been fighting to lose. The e-cigs were a comfy alternative.