Deleted User said 8 years, 12 months ago:

I don’t mean forget everything that happened, I mean is it possible to stop it from controlling your life?

Deleted User said 8 years, 12 months ago:

For now PTSD is said to be incurable, but that doesn’t mean it will control your life forever. The symptoms are very treatable and you can lessen the depressions, panicattacks, flashbacks, etc. with therapy, patience and a positive attitude.

Yukiko said 8 years, 12 months ago:

After 8 years of intense therapy and medications (anti-depressants) I’m now capable to live a reasonably normal life. So I think with time and help you can stop it from controlling your life, but its a very hard journey to get there. I also assume you’d need a large amount of support and you’d have to try and be as positive as you can.

friendtherapy said 8 years, 11 months ago:

There are a few new therapies out there. I’m doing EMDR therapy. You should look into it. It’s not meant to erase memories… Just to help you deal with the triggers in a better way. There has been a lot of success with that therapy, but you have to have a therapist who is highly recommended.

friendtherapy said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Also.. Look up Somatic-Experiencing, another form of therapy for people with PTSD.