Deleted User said 7 years, 7 months ago:

I haven’t told anyone about what happened, I’m not sure how they’ll react to it and I don’t know if they’ll understand.

Talking about something that’s happened to us and hurts us isn’t easy. It’s normal that you fear their reactions and how will things be after you tell them. But there’s no reason for you to go through this alone. I’m sure they care for you and that they’ll try to help you to see you better. You’d be surprised to see how people can understand us more than we actually think, but you’ll only see that if you give them the chance to know what happened. Seeking for help and letting it out is something really brave and hard to do, but in the long run is what’s best for you.

I only opened up about something after 7+ years possibly, and it was at the point where keeping it bottled up was affecting me negatively and I couldn’t get it off my mind. Sometimes it can help to tell a friend at first so they can support you, it’s natural to be worried about that but someone who’s a friend shouldn’t be there to judge you for anything that’s happened to you. For me it was someone I didn’t know in person but trusted enough to open up to, is there anyone in particular you feel most comfortable with you feel you could share this with? With something remaining a secret, it still has a certain power and fear attached to it.

Thanks @leaveitallnow and @inreverie. Hearing that definitely makes me feel a whole lot better :)

Optimus said 7 years, 7 months ago:

I don’t know if I should because…people will probably think I’m stupid or something like that

I can understand that fear, it’s important to remind yourself that your thoughts and emotions are valid – even if you tend to knock something down as something unimportant, that doesn’t mean it is, and anything that’s bothering you fully deserves to be taken seriously. It can also help at times to consider the people you might talk to about it and if it’s in their personality that they’d consider your feelings to be that, sometimes it can be worries that are unrelated to what is likely to happen.

@shadow57 I feel the same way too, I guess we just have to remind ourselves that it’s not our fault, we didn’t ask for it to happen

Thank you @inreverie

Optimus said 7 years, 6 months ago:

My first experience I think would have to be when I switched schools… I did so in 6th grade. But the reason it hit me the most is because I had this major crush on this absolutely beautiful girl.
Blonde hair and blue eyes, in my opinion, she was perfect, but I never got to tell her how I ever felt. Yeah, after I moved to my new school, I had plenty of girlfriends…but deep down…it just didn’t feel…”happy”. I’m a loner now, but for some reason, I don’t show hardly any emotions. (Here’s an example that’s actually happened more than once) I could be walking down the sidewalk and some idiot comes up beside me in his car and starts cursing me out and calling me horrible names, and I could just keep walking like it never even happened. Like I said I show barely any emotion at all. (Here’s an example of how bad it’s gotten) one of my family members or friends could pass on, and I would barely be effected by it. I guess this is just who I was meant to be…and it all started when I moved schools. Which was my most traumatic experience. I still haven’t gotten over it… I don’t know if I ever will.