It can be hard to control negative thinking. What techniques do you use to think positively?
Life’s going to give you positives and negatives in life; it’s inevitable. So, I actually use a variety of these techniques, and provide them to others.
– Turn your negatives into positives. Look at both sides; realize that things could be worse, and see how you can turn things the other way.
– Have a goal in mind; something to strive for or look forward to
– Find things that will put you in a positive mood; friends, games, food
– Exercise; exercising is a good way to improve your emotions and make things seem positive; things such as running, martial arts, yoga are always good
– Talk; talking is a good way to express what might be problematic, so that others can help you; there’s no sense in keeping negative emotions in which will just continue to build up.
I hope this gives you some insight! (:
NicNac hit the nail right on the head there! The technique that works best for me is having a goal in my mind, gives me something to strive towards/look forward to.
But you’ve got to be content with your life if you want to hold your positive thoughts. You’ve got to be truly satisfied with yourself and with your life otherwise how can you ever hope to be happy?
Interesting thoughts. Thanks!
What do you do if an unexpected negative thought is persistent?
It depends on what the thought is because for certain thoughts it’s easier to shed the negative and see the positive light. Usually it’s about focusing more on the positive side of it rather than the negative. for every negative there’s a positive.
I’ve learned part of it is training your mind.. think good thoughts even when you don’t necessarily feel good. Because in the long run, the way you think will affect your feelings. Who we are and how we look at things is largely influenced by how we hear other people talk. How our friends talk. How our family talks. So sometimes we become conditioned to focus on negative things if we’re surrounded by negative people. It’s contagious. But so is positivity!
Notice the happy parts of your day, even the small things. Think about the things you like about yourself. Think kindly of others.
Also acknowledge the bad parts of your day, your insecurities, and your problems with others. But remember to acknowledge the good, too. We see the good in everything. But sometimes we forget to stop and think about the good. Negativity is so easy to be consumed in, we have to actively train ourselves to shift our focuses. It’s an ongoing process but it’s worthwhile
Take a deep breath in and relese it out . then think about the good times in your life and try to smile . remember every positive thing and do postive stuffs that u like . Eat u r fav food and enjoy u r day . spend it well . That’s all what i do . I do the things which make me happy