Diana said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve been writing for about 15 years and it seems to be a great tool for therapy … both for the writer and, in certain cases, for the reader. What are other people’s experiences of writing poetry? Anyone feel like sharing something they’ve written?

Deleted User said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Yes! I write too! I started writing at the age of 13, I am 18 now. I write for fun, for inspirational purpose to share with others too. I write sometimes to get feelings out. I would love to share some. Here is one I call “Treat Me Kind”:

“My heart will someday treat me kind.

It will find a love that is most divine.

It shall not perish, nor run dry.

It will flow like a river of pure water so refined.

It will be safe to drink, I shall not die.

This love will never make me cry.

Anyone could drink from this water you see.

For it will make anyone who drinks from this river feel blissful and free.

Our hearts will someday treat us kind.

We will find a love that is most divine.

Our love will create a sea so renowned, no love will be lost, yet all will be found.

If maybe one day we all get a taste of this sea, the world will someday feel blissful and free.

All shall feel love, all shall feel peace.”

Thanks for sharing, Nichole! I can see there’s a lot of positivity in your poem. Love the water metaphor, the love being like a flowing river of pure, potable water … then growing into a sea … Keep writing!

Thank you, Diana! :)

(◣_◢)Poet said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I wrote this about a week or two ago:

I am.no one to exist, no one to persist in a thought process of how to obtain bliss. Acystupon time, an infection on the wrist, cut all ties to see if god really exist. A figure in the fog, an impression in the mist, faded.within flesh, a spirit in a kist. No air to breath, just hydrogen here, sink below or fall from heights, the climate seared.

I like that, Poet. You have a great way with sounds! and it’s coherent and poetic too, not just sound play. I still find that challenging sometimes.

(◣_◢)Poet said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I find its best to go straight from the heart. there is a place within you, the stream of consciousness, where every part of you washes over the page without prejudice or hesitation. You just feel, and your hand transcribes. if you get to that place, no matter where you feel it, you have to write. some places help bring this out in us; for me, i notice i tend to get my most creative when i’m outside, walking, surrounded by life whether it be just nature or high traffic of people.

Jemima P. Raine said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I love writing poetry. I haven’t written any recently but I’ll start writing again! Thanks for this forum, Diana.

LOVE poetry! I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember (though obviously the things that I wrote when I was younger probably aren’t all that fabulous!) I often write from experience, but sometimes I discover a style/form that is new to me and I enjoy the challenge of that – one of my favourite forms is the sestina. I’m a sucker for rhyming poetry though, though perhaps that’s because it just comes naturally to me. Wasn’t quite sure what to share but I eventually chose these two as they’re two of the most recent:

Words

It’s not enough now for my words to be written
They must be pretty, and witty, and bright.
The words themselves matter less each day
With each reblog, retweet and like.

It’s not enough now for my words to have meaning
They must be relatable, heart-wrenching and fierce.
The words themselves are being lost
With each glance, dismissal and worse.

It’s not enough now for my words to mean something
They must be have rhythm, or rhyme, and more.
The words themselves are unimportant
With that truth I take flight and soar.

One Day

I’m the lonely one,
And all I ever do is try.
I’m the abandoned,
And all I ever do is sigh.
I’m the one who stands alone, and all I ever do
Is wish, is pray, is hope one day
That I’ll be someone too.

I’m the hollow one,
And I only ever try to please.
I’m the mistaken,
And I only ever try to see.
I’m the one who cries alone, yet all I want to do
Is love, and share, and hope one day
That I’ll be loved back too.

Wow, Mysterium, your favorite is sestina? Personally I find writing in rhyme difficult. It flows naturally in your poems – I appreciate that. And I can see they’re heartfelt. Keep it up!

Resa said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I’m not so much of a poet. When I was in high school, I wrote a lot of poems for English class, but I never really cared for it. Every now and then, I make some free verse poems, but it’s usually just ideas on paper without organization. Writing haikus is so entertaining though!

beautiful day is
ruined by studying. let’s
watch cartoons instead

Mayur said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I was searching a site to share my poetry,
I neer knew it was here itself in blahtherapy,
Got so much to share and feelings of heart
Is it all about the sadness and agony of the heart
No no its not true,
Theres poem like nichole do,
Inspiring ,motivating,
Touching the strings of heart,
The purity of love she well described.

seeingblind said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Not one of my best but it’s the only one I can find at the moment.

One step forward, three steps back, why do you constantly push me back. I want to get closer to you. I will love you for you all your faults, tears, and wrongs. We all have pains some deeper than others, wishing you could do something to help take it all away, putting yourself through even more pain not realizing that I will be there any day. Your pain saddens me too I wish I could take it for you. I look outside on rainy days and think of you. I’m sorry if there is any pain I have caused you. Please remember that I will always be there for you dark or shine, day or night, I will be there for you. You have become a part of me. I will wipe your tears and listen with not only my ears, but with my heart. I know it’s not what it seems, but I can tell that you are coming apart by the seams.

@Mayur – if you still want, I can share one or two poetry sites that I enjoy. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll send you the links privately.

I use http://www.hellopoetry.com for sharing my poetry sometimes, I quite like it :)