loveholcomb said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I have suffered with anxiety for about 7 years. I have some odd tendencies. I have never met anyone who has a ‘moisture’ problem. People think they are funny and stupid. It is taking over my life.
Here it goes:
I have to wear socks at all times. I have to have lotion at arms length at all times as well. My bare feet can’t touch carpet because I feel like the carpet takes all of the moisture out of my body. Anything made of cloth takes the moister out of my body. Every time I touch money, or water, or cloth I have to put lotion on my hands. I spend so much money on lotion because I am terrified I will run out and I will be left dry. It gets to the point where my mouth will become dry and my throat will close up.

I have been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder (G.A.D.) but I strongly think this is anxiety.
“Don’t get pleasure when performing the behaviors or rituals, but get brief relief from the anxiety the thoughts cause”

It this O.C.D.?

sarah said 10 years, 4 months ago:

It sounds to me like a ritual/compulsion. If its irrational, and not doing it makes you feel stressed or anxious – then that’s got to be some form of OCD.
Is it possible to go to a different psychiatrist to get a new diagnosis?