Wolfx111 said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I haven’t seen a new topic for this group in a while, so I thought that some interaction would be good for everyone. Post why you stay up late at night. Whether you’re up because of YouTube or personal reasons I would love to hear them.

said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, and allergies. XP

Hearmenow said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Because I’m a night owl, and for some reason I’m the most active during the night. And because my brain won’t shut down, which pretty much leads me to fall asleep due to exhaustion most of the time.

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I don’t think I’m a night owl by nature since I feel more energized after sunrise.Its more by circumstances I guess.I love and hate the quiet of night.I can be myself during this time, but I also have so many demons catching up to me that I can’t just lie down and do nothing.Being a student it isn’t that much of a big deal since studies do require staying up nights :P . So now, I’m a proud night owl :D
Oh and on good days I stay up nights to finish all those novels on my tbr list, just waiting to be read :D .

KayomiKitten said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I’m not really a night owl by choice. I have this…thing I don’t know what to call it, or how common it is. Basically, when you lay down to go to sleep, your brain is supposed slow down. Stop thinking of 1000 things at once and let you sleep. Mine doesn’t slow down for me. No matter how tired I am, my brain wont shut up. I just have to lay in bed and relax for hours every night, or work myself so hard that I can’t possibly stay up any longer. Although I prefer not to work out rigorously before, as I’m usually sore when I wake up that way.

I wish I wasn’t a night owl XD
The reason I’m a night owl because there’s so much going on in my head! I reflect on my day, how I’m feeling..and I occasionally become curious and start to search random things on my phone haha..Sometimes I just feel plainly sad. I don’t know why, but that’s just me.

Jaloopy said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I just can’t sleep. I will have gotten up at 6:30am and I won’t be able to sleep until 2am. This doesn’t even seem to phase me in the day though, so normally when I’m waiting to drift off I just go on Youtube or read some Creepy Pastas or something.

benduggan said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Psychological programming and force of bad habit lol. It makes me feel like I’m never really well rested even if I sleep later. All I want to do is sleep endlessly, that is my dream in life. The good thing about night though is that it’s the one time you can be alone with yourself and not be obligated to talk to anyone if you don’t want to. That’s kind of nice sometimes, but sometimes when you’re up too late you get too many of the bad thoughts, and that can be unpleasant.

I’m a night owl because I have too many thoughts racing through my mind, and I hate the feeling of being alone at night. So, I wait until the sun rises.

Kalessin said 9 years, 6 months ago:

It’s just part of my biology. When I can sleep as my body tells me, I go to sleep at 8am and wake up well rested at 3:30pm. It also means that I can work/learn best between ten in the evening and five in the morning.

As I have obligations like meetings and appointments in the daytime, I spend most of my time at war with my body. But I can go to sleep at one or two a.m. and get up at ten if necessary.

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I’m a night owl because I fear the next day and usually like to prepare for it by watching it crawl over my neighbor’s houses

Panda-Kun said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Coz im in japan, and i have no friends here, and i pretty much play and watch all day since i cant get a job due to my lack of knowledge of the language. and now im addicted to a game which i spent 800$ and almost half a year. Instead of studying the language or going back to competing and training or finishing my degree. Im now like stuck in a purgatory state of boredom and alone-ness. help me please. Im a night owl

Steph said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I am about to move back home in a month and I will lose a lot of the freedom I have now. Sleeping feels like a waste of time that won’t let me enjoy the things I have, so I avoid it as much as possible. I spend the time reading things online or watching tv shows and movies I won’t get to when I leave, just trying to make the most of what I can enjoy before its all gone.

Sean said 9 years, 5 months ago:

I am a high school student, and though I don’t study or do homework all that much, I am a natural night owl. During the school year, I often take 4 hour naps after practice, and do homework around 8, stay up till around 2. I cannot help it. In the summer, my body is allowed to do what it wants, and I find myself sleeping till 11am, falling asleep at as late as 4am. I am much more productive at night, and during the year, coffee is key.

Sora said 9 years, 5 months ago:

For starters even though I know that my body needs sleep I find it a waste of time. Second, I am not a night owl by choice. I am naturally more active at night. Lastly, when I do want to sleep my brain starts to go in overdrive and starts thinking about everything it can possible come up with.