Aubrey said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to go to bed until I’m utterly exhausted. If I’m not tired enough, I lay awake, staring at the ceiling while my brain runs crazy circles about things I can’t control.

Lately, I’ve been going crazy over how you’re supposed to know what to plan for the future. I mean, my mom’s been pushing me to get a bachelor’s degree in any field whatsoever, as long as I have a bachelor’s. I just want an AA, I hate college so much. But the things I want to do – write and illustrate my own novels, sell paintings, etc. – is so…changeable. I’ve been trying to sell paintings for the past three years and haven’t sold a single one. I’m terrible with business. How can I ever make art my living?

And now I’ve entertained a fairly crazy idea: go into nursing.
I’ve always been looking at artistic careers but the pay has never satisfied my parents, they’re always talking about how it’s not enough and that I’ll live in poverty.
Nursing seems to be the only other thing I’ve been able to spot in the college catalogs that I feel like I could do. I grew up on a farm so puke and blood and syringes are all familiar to me. Yes, the classes would be difficult to get through. Yes, I’m sure the job would be stressful (I tend towards being quiet and working alone) but at this point, I’m completely at a loss and don’t know what to do.

Staceylou said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I’m that way right now, it’s 4:42am and my mind is running in circles.

I’ve tried to evaluate my life and that’s just a mess, also switching between the usual paranoid thoughts I go through, everyone is against me, that’s also fun.

I wish my mind was this busy during sociable hours, I could sleep at nights then. I have a health assessment Monday which will be hard, no doubt I’ll be exhausted, I’m falling back into a sleep all day, be awake all night routine.