Alice said 9 years, 10 months ago:

The way you fall in love: slowly, then all at once…
Sorry, I had to. Brown noise usually does it for me. Like white noise, but I think it’s at a different frequency or something like that. I find white noise grating and not good for sleepytimes. Also I drink Neuro Sleep. I’m not sure of the extent to which it works/helps, but it’s got a bunch of nutrients including melatonin.

Swifting said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Sex, work until I’m too tired to stay awake, read a boring book, and yoga. If I have to get up early in the morning I go to bed earlier and turn off any electronics two hours before.

Hayden said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I usually listen to music to help me go to sleep at night.

ballislife said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I just lie completely still and let my legs relax then the feeling goes up into my arms and chest then to my neck then my head then I am out cold about 2 minutes later

Kalessin said 9 years, 6 months ago:

When I have trouble sleeping, an aromatic lamp with lavender oil (and half as much rosemary oil) helps me.
Also, the MBSR meditation technique ‘body-scan’ helps me (which is a bit annoying, bc I usually don’t want to fal asleep when practising that).

And I sleep better since I stopped drinking any caffeine (mostly black tea for me) in the three hours before going to sleep.

Deleted User said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I listen to documentaries about serial killers.

GG said 9 years, 6 months ago:

From either reading a book, doing homework in bed, or medication.

Sadly the medication has been most helpful x.x

fiforules said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I smoke weed and listen to NPR with my earphones.

I used to take meds but weed does a better job.

@fiforules Personally, weed never worked for me as relaxant, unless I have a beer after or something. If any, it keeps me awake till 5 am, like a can of redbull or a mug of real strong coffee. Maybe you’re smoking some heavy indica, but usually marijuana fastens heartbeat and pulse, which isn’t really good for sleep. I don’t really know how it works for you.

fiforules said 9 years, 6 months ago:

@mr-tambourine-man For the most part I do smoke more of the indica heavy strains like Dr. Who, Northern Lights, or Mango. They really take edge off and help me relax at the end of the day. If you have a chance, try the indica strains.

Well, I have been smoking White Widow for the last 3 or 4 years mostly, must’ve consumed about a kilo of that stuff, though it’s a hybrid, so I don’t know if it counts, but lately I switched to Kandahar (Ministry of Cannabis strain, almost pure Indica) and Blueberry, yet they still seem to have the same effect on me. Although I also know that weed can have a distinctive sedative effect on some people, so maybe it’s just something about my body.

P.S. Northern Lights rule :D

PPS it’s 4:46 in the morning and I’m watching a documentary on Bob Dylan.

Sean said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Benadryll.

Dan said 9 years, 5 months ago:

What always works for me is counting back from 121 to 0 in my head, without letting my mind think about anything else, I almost always fall asleep before counting 80 :)

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

If i can’t fall asleep i usually listen to hyonosis. When you listen to hypnosis, you body will be relaxed and the voice make you feel very comfortable. It’s makes you so easy to fall asleep.