The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Queen were brilliant, all of the members. Then there is David Bowie ofcourse, Billy Joel, Dean Martin, Kraftwerk, Nick Drake, Phil Ochs… Well, those are some of the ones that would definitely be in a top 100 of mine.

Honestly though music is such an abstract art that I am very hesitant to say that one person is better than another at it. B.B. King had an amazing feel for his music, a fantastic voice and a powerful voice but he had no actual, theoretical understanding of the music at all. He just knew what would sound good and what would sound bad, and he was brilliant – in fact he’s my favourite blues artist. Technically he sucked, but what he’s made sounds great, and on top of that there are so many genres so it’s really hard to rank musicians imo.

LovelySiren said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I love so many different artists so I won’t share all 50 billion of them but one of my absolute favorites is The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Their music is just lovely.

Mari said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Thats a hard choice. But i think i’m going to have to go with All Time Low. Their song Therapy changed my life

Deleted User said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Johann Sebastian Bach, haha. But then I’d also have to say Bottesini/Dragonetti as well for their contributions to double bass repertoire.

ourlives1 said 9 years, 7 months ago:

The Beatles would have to be one of the all time bands even though I do not listen to them that much. One band that I do listen to that I think is an all time band is Kiss. I like 80′s rock the best but listen to a variety of music.

mew said 9 years, 7 months ago:

This is a really hard question but I’d have to go with KISS for outliving the critics, Nick Drake for just being outright amazing. Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash & Joan Jett. Oh & Mozart is frigging amazing.
Gotta agree with posters stating The Beatles too even though I’m not a fan, they’re made their name and it’s not going anywhere. Complete classic.

Rave said 9 years, 7 months ago:

The Beatles had such a far-reaching influence on popular music subsequent, that they have to be up there. The diversity they showed throughout their career, from Please Please Me to Let it Be, is testament to just how creative these four guys were.

It’s too difficult a question, though – everybody has an opinion, but is there such thing as a singular ‘right’ answer? I’d like to think so, but in reality, there really isn’t. There are just certain bands most of us can agree had a huge impact on music generally – Pink Floyd, The Beatles, David Bowie, Billy Joel, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, et cetera.

As for my own preference, I’m going to state the case for Pink Floyd, simply because they brought out Dark Side of the Moon – an aural masterpiece.