Love-and-be-loved said 10 years, 9 months ago:

okay so Macklemore and Ryan Lewis have become popular lately.With there two popular song being Cant hold us and thrift shop. I first i didn’t really have a problem i was like :just another rapper who raps about stuff that doesn’t actually matter” then i looked into some of his other songs and found out that all the other songs on his album are super deep and thoughtful. The songs that stuck out the most were neon cathedral which is about how societys all twisted up. the line that stuck out was The “liquor store is open later than the churches” even though im not christan i relized that this points out that its easier to get booze than it is to get help or go to church. the other song i liked was Same love. this one is about how people there are so many stereotypes about being gay that arnt true like he talks about how when he was in 3rd grade he thought he was gay because he could draw. even though he wasn’t gay.

When I was in the 3rd grade I thought that I was gay Cause I could draw, my uncle was And I kept my room straight I told my mom, tears rushing down my face She’s like, “Ben you’ve loved girls since before pre-K” Trippin’, yeah, I guess she had a point, didn’t she A bunch of stereotypes all in my head I remember doing the math like “Yeah, I’m good a little league” A pre-conceived idea of what it all meant For those who like the same sex had the characteristics

this really pisses me of because all these songs are so deep but the public wants to ignore them and go with the same songs about getting druk and high. and trust me im not sayig those song are bad becuase those song are fun to listen to but because i know this artist has so many good songs that are just being ignored. stuff like this pisses me off

Chwati:) said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I totally agree! A lot of people these days don’t have the patience to pay attention to the detail. I guess they just listen to these songs because of the beat… Or they listen to them to escape from reality. :|