Marcus said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Like, songs that get you emotional whenever you listen to them, or that you use to express your emotions. Stuff like that. One that I came across recently was the one song I hadn’t yet listened to from Owl City’s Ultraviolet EP, “This Isn’t the End”. Other examples for me include “Silhouette”, also by Owl City, “Bleeding Out” by Imagine Dragons, and “Disaster Hearts” by I Fight Dragons.

Christine Daae said 9 years, 4 months ago:

There are two songs that when I have a tough day I listen too and it is because it reminds me of when I was a pre-teen and I had that infamous teenage angst. One is The End by Lincoln Park and Untitled by Simple Plan. They are sad songs but it makes me happy after I’m done singing it. It becomes so much better when my friend and I both had a bad day and we play that song and we all sing them together. The last time we sang that song was when my friend and I took a four hour trip to Los Angel just to meet Alex from All Time Low…long story short we stood in line for 6-7 hours in the sun and we were told we were going to be the last group to see him and then we found out he left. I was sad because All Time Low has been my favorite band since I was 15 (23 now) and it was a huge bummer to not see him. As my friends and I were driving home we played Untitled and we starting singing with all our might and it made me feel better at the end

Christine Daae said 9 years, 4 months ago:

but in seriousness these are a few songs I listen to when I get out of a really bad/good relationship or just feel sad
1 Like We Used To- A Rocket To The Moon
2 Oh, Calamity-All Time Low
3 Trade Mistakes-Panic at The Disco
4 If It Means That Must To You-A Day To Remember
5 End Of May- Michael Buble
6 Goodbye My Lover- James Blunt
7 Jasey Rae – All Time Low
8 Always Panic At The Disco
9 At This Moment- Michael Buble
some of my favorite ones

Y Z N said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Jess said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Not at all of these songs are emotional in themselves, but they mean something to me that makes me emotional. :P

Dear Agony – Breaking Benjamin.
Thirty-Three – The Ghost Inside.
My Life – Simple Plan (the ballard of song many of our childhoods lmao).

That’s actually all that comes to mind. Hmmm

Jxo said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Sam Smith – I’m not the only one
Paloma Faith – Only love can hurt like this
Ed Sheeran – Give me love
Matt Walters – I would die for you
Hurts – Stay
Beyonce – If I were a boy

Jordan said 9 years, 4 months ago:

There’s a song from Newsies… I saw it on Broadway, and it really touched me in a way most music doesn’t. Sante Fe – it makes me want to scream and cry and sing and run across the Pacific Ocean in one fell swoop.

Mary Francis said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Deleted User said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Al Green’s 1972 album ‘Let’s Stay Together’ is chock-full of them. Also check out King Floyd’s ’71 single ‘Please Don’t Leave Me Lonely’:

Bobby Caldwell – What You Won’t Do For Love (’78)

Something more recent, James Blake’s ‘Retrograde’ released last year.

z o e said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Hate Me ~ Blue October

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxgSvJINlU

Songs that i listen to when sad or just flat out crying..
Between the Bars – Elliott Smith
It Takes a Lot to Know a Man – Damien Rice
Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron and Wine
The Greatest – Cat Power
Lie in the Sound – Trespassers William
Toothpaste Kisses – The Maccabees
Blue Spotted Tail – Fleet Foxes
i could go on but i think id bore you..
Plus a lot of these songs have meanings to why they hit me so hard. So was timing, when i ended up listening to them, some was how they made me feel what they felt. Give em’ a listen :) tell me what you think

ShadowGX said 9 years, 4 months ago:

There are two songs that come to mind for me. While all songs I like seem to have some sort of emotion in the lyrics or tune, these two take the cake by far. The lyrics are extremely depressing if you can at all relate and still somewhat even if you can’t. When I listen to them, however, it numbs my pain. I get this effect quite a bit with trance, regardless of lyrics. The songs are called Alone Tonight and On My Way to Heaven, both by Above and Beyond. The titles alone are depressing. .-.

Again, if you’re not like me and calmed by trance beats alone and lyrics have an extreme effect on you I do not recommend listening.

TS said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Some of the most emotional songs to me have come from watching anime. It’s not really the words that move me then, just the tone of the music and emotion in the voice. If I had to pick a recent song in english that I found emotional, it’d be Take me to Church by Hozier. The video, while controversial, is a commentary on how homosexuals are treated in Russia, while the song itself can be taken as a jab in the face to the church communities.

Here’s a lyrics video, you can go see the official video on youtube if you’d like

Mia said 9 years, 4 months ago:

100 Round the Bends by Missy Higgins (also this is good walking music, and going for a walk outside is something I do when I’m feeling feelings)

Let it Go from Frozen

Shake it Out by Florence and the Machine … immediately followed by something like Praan (life) (the song from one of the Where the Hell is Matt videos)