fantasticat said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I know a lot of people think that dubstep isn’t real music, but there actually is some good songs out there. I listen to other music too, I was just wondering if anyone else on here listens to dubstep and would maybe have some suggestions of some of their favorite songs.

Jess said 10 years, 4 months ago:

People who think that any music that is made by computers isnt real music needs to leave. What do you think does all that auto-tuning? Even the auto-tuning you can’t recognize in their pop-punk bands. They do it too. Everyone does it. That’s just how it is.

I like dubstep, I used to be really into, not so much now but I can remember a few songs.

One my faourites is Requiem For A Dream Filth Dubstep, just search that in Youtube, I’m not sure who made that, but it has a gas mask as a icon.

If you don’t already listen to him, you need to go check out Going Quantum on Youtube. He makes his own songs, but most of the time he makes 10 – 60 minute dubstep mixes of all different genres and has guest artists come on and it’s really great. Really good quality too. Definitely look him up.

Thanks! :) I’ll definitely look into that. I was kind of afraid to put up this forum cause I thought that people would be like “oh wow, that’s not even music”…Anyway, there are a lot of crappy dubstep songs out there, you just have to find the good ones. If you’re interested in listening to it again, I have some suggestions :p

Hey I went and listened to that song. It was actually pretty good…it’s just that I think it was kind of “liquid dubstep” which isn’t usually what I listen to. But I still liked it :) I like dubstep that has really powerful drops…the kind that make me stop what I’m doing and turn up the volume :p

Annonn said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I love dubstep. It gets you excited and wanting to dance, not to mention improves your mood. You hear some really intricate things sometimes in the track that just stick to you for a long time.

Matt said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I really like dubstep as well. Its really cool to just listen and hear how different individual sounds can form together to create this intricate piece of art. I personally like a sub-genre of dubstep called chillstep. Its still electronic but has a more soothing beat as apposed to the more energetic dubstep meant for dancing. And I personally prefer stuff with vocals, I’m a bit of a singer at heart so stuff that I can sing along to is always my preferred choice. Some of my favorite artists are Blackmill, Veela,and Ramses B. All of them can be found on youtube if you want to find them. If you are looking into chillstep I would start with Blackmill’s song Let it Be. That is my sort of go to chillstep song.

fantasticat said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I think the reason that I take such an interest in dubstep is because it’s a genre of music that builds up a sort of…tension, which leads up to a release, the drop, and it’s just kind of relieving. So when you relax and listen to it, at that release, you can just sort of let go…when the songs tension is released, so is yours.
And I’ve listened to a few chillstep songs. I do think it’s a pretty, relaxing type of dubstep…but perhaps I don’t listen to it as much because I’m always anticipating heavy drops, which chillstep doesn’t tend to have. That’s why dubstep with really weak drops can be kind of disappointing lol.

Megan-choly said 10 years, 3 months ago:

As someone who has plenty of DJ friends and has been in and out of the “rave” scene for 15 years, the main problem with dubstep, to me, it that it allows people like Pauly D or Paris Hilton to think they are the cats pajamas

Jonathan Ellington said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Check out Kyoto by Skrillex ft Sirah

fantasticat said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I liked that song except for when skrillex was singing or rapping or whatever.

Ash said 10 years, 3 months ago:

my fav at the moment is a band called krewella. they’re not really dubstep, but more electronic.

CrimsonRoses said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Hello there :)
I listen to dubstep, rock, metal and reggae the most, but dubstep is my fave :D
My favourite dubstep artists are: Skrillex,Infected Mushroom and Skream.
I also like Digital Mystikz,Mt Eden and Kill The Noise. c:

Angel said 10 years, 3 months ago:

Love Dubstep!
haha, look of “Someone Like Me Ylvis” on Youtube. It’s related to Dubstep and it’s hysterical.

Angel said 10 years, 3 months ago:

All I can really think of right ow is Crystallize by Lindsey Sterling