that one hairy feminist said 8 years, 10 months ago:

I’ve recently diagnosed myself with misophonia.
I know how that sounds and yeah, I don’t like that I self-diagnosed either. The fact that I did that always makes me iffy that I have it, even when bad days come around and I want to scream during dinner, or when my heart starts racing in school because the teachers don’t enforce the “no gum” rule as well as they should, or when I want to yell at and hit my dog because of the sounds he makes, and experience a small mood crash afterward because I feel like a horrible human being.
Most of the time I refuse to call the sounds I don’t like “triggers;” rather, I call them bad noises or the like, because I still have trouble letting myself call this a mental illness. I’ve seen people talking about getting into fist fights over their misophonia, and mine isn’t nearly as bad, but it’s still damn frustrating and it makes me feel horrible.
My triggers often cause anger or discomfort, sometimes disgust. My heart will race and sometimes I’ll end up hitting myself in the leg repeatedly, and it’ll make me worry that it’ll bruise. (So far, there hasn’t been.)
I don’t know where I’m going with this, but I wanted to ask if anybody else here has misophonia. I just wanted to know, I guess.

LoverOfPitBulls101 said 8 years, 10 months ago:

Dude…it’s fine and I can relate to some of the crap you’re dealing with. I’ve never heard of that term before so I googled it and found a scale of whatever and I was between a 2 and 4. My dad sets me off worse than anything else followed second by my brother. Sometimes I swear they’re making the most obnoxious chewing noises just to bother me. Not interested in getting slapped I don’t say anything but I get so quesy and pissed .-. I’ve only thrown up once…which is good…I guess.
Anyways…self-diagnoses is fine! We know ourselves better than any drug pushing doctor!