Confuzzled said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Have you ever been diagnosed with something and needed to take medication for it? Well, has it ever changed your personality?

Valeska said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I have never been on medication before, except probably cold tablets that send you to bed. I have of course heard about medication changing people while on the course to their recovery.

Confuzzled said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I take 2 tablets twice a day and it completely changes my personality and attitude. I mean, its to make me calm down and concentrate but its messing around with my friendships

Diana said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I take a full dose of medication and i’m diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and social anxiety, so i do need to take my medication. But it was only when I reduced the medication that I noticed how “zombie-like” the medication made me. I was walking like I was dead and having trouble in talking and reacting slow to things. Like if you told a joke I would only understand it moments later and still ask you to repeat. Now I feel better in the doses I am and feel happier than I was before taking medication. So it helped my personality making me more “bubbly” and happy (:

katiebell95 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

when I was 12 , I started taking ADHD medicine, and while it made me able to focus and get good grades in school, I becaome a negative depressed person. I lost a lot of people i considered friends while on the meds. I also stopped eating and it would be good if I ate two partial meals every day. Eventually i took myself off the meds and took up swimming, and now im able to focus myself and im also far more happy and able to eat a healthy amount of food. :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Only take natural remedies folks.

PhilosophicalCabbage said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Over the last year, I’ve been diagnosed with depression, PTSD, bipolar disorder, and anxiety. I was put on a variety of meds for depression, all of which made me feel very much unlike myself. They all made the symptoms of my depression much worse. I finally found a doctor that has been willing to work with me rather then just trying to quickly fix the problems with pills. I have been slowly going off my last prescription with the help of this doctor and have been feeling much better. I am currently in counseling for these problems and am making progress.

NatureVs.Nurture said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I used to take clonazepam (klonopin) for anxiety issues and an anger disorder. It literally turned me into a zombie, as well as made me super addicted to it, and withdrawals were horrible. Don’t dabble with benzodiazepenes.

Staceylou said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I’ve been on 3 different types of medication for my anxiety disorder and depression, the first batch I was on was citalopram and that just made me feel as if I’d hit rock bottom.

I’ve also taken Prozac which made me feel slow, disorientated and pretty much as if my surroundings were 2D and I was out of place.

The withdrawal symptoms just made me really angry and easily upset too, never stopping medication again…

ALA said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I have taken many different antidepressants and sleep medications. They all have different side effects. Some of them made me feel lik a zombie while others made me more depressed or angry. You just need to find the one that fits you. That is what psychiatrists are for. You tell them what’s going on and they can help to find the right medicine for you. They are a lot more thorough then your primary care doctor.

Mia said 10 years, 5 months ago:

i find that when im on medication i get happy but i have a problem with taking them daily and i go through periods where i feel like i dont need them so i stop, but when i start them again i get really reckless and spend too much money. I hate it and dont realize i do it until the meds kick back in and i go “wow fuck how did I not stop?” i online and in store shop like a mad woman :(

GentleJay said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I was diagnosed with severe depression three years ago. I’ve been taking an antidepressant ever since I was diagnosed. It really hasn’t changed my personality much. I’m a lot happier, more relaxed, and I don’t get as angry as I used to. I’m still goofy and sarcastic, so nothing has changed there.
I have experienced a few side effects, but they are manageable. I have headaches in the morning when I wake up, but nothing ibuprofen can’t fix. It also makes me drowsy, so I just drink coffee. When I stopped taking my meds, I noticed that I couldn’t sleep. I would stay up almost all night trying to fall asleep. After a few weeks of that I went back on my meds.